Team Lead Manager, Category & Shopper InsightsCincinnati, Ohio Job ID 12457 Apply
The Category & Shopper Leadership Team Lead is responsible for monetizing business building insights for retail partner’s categories and SCJ. The role reports into the Director of Category & Shopper Leadership for Food/Drug/Value/PR. This role is expected to have expertise in and be able to provide fact and insights-based solutions that drive growth for category, customer, and company. In addition, this role requires the ability to develop the same skills in a team of direct reports. Ability to develop depth and breadth of relationships at retailers will be critical to succeeding in role. This role will need to utilize POS, shopper insights, retail specific data, among other tools, to identify opportunities, as well as have a full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising. This role will work closely with internal (SCJ C&SL COE & SI team, Sales, Brand, Customer Marketing) and external partners.
Please note: This role is available in various locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and develop a diverse team of Category & Shopper Leadership Associate Managers on multiple retailers across all five business units, Home Cleaning, Air Care, Home Storage, Pest Control and Shoe Care.
2. Identify and develop key objectives to drive the businesses forward; Coach the team on developing fact-based insights and recommendations via storytelling that will influence the retailer’s category decisions.
3. Be the voice of the team and retailer to the internal/HQ SCJ partners.
4.Identify specific research opportunities (shopper, consumer, etc.) to bring new learning to category leadership solutions.
5. Where appropriate, manage and deliver against the responsibilities of the Category Captaincy process in partnership with the customer.
6. Play an active role in customer presentations and influencing retailer’s decisions based on a deep understanding of the consumer and the retailer’s goals.
7. Evaluate/ monitor all customer category leadership solutions, turn analysis into recommended action and continually work to improve effectiveness of the category and efficiencies for the customers.
8. Work closely with account’s SCJ Sales team providing insights and helping drive SCJ thought leadership, including but not limited to JBP, Growth Summit Sessions, etc.
9. Influence Annual IGP partnering with Sales team providing category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives that will help grow SCJ brands and share of Category.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of commercial experience OR an Advanced Degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in Category Management or Shopper Insights
- 3+ years of business analytics experience
- Strong analytical background and understanding of Category Management and Shopper Insights to drive category and SCJ growth.
- Identify next generation Category tools to best understand the retailer shopper and unlock category growth.
- Experience in CPG and/or retail.
- Good communication skills, ability to influence internal and external customers and to produce impact on the business.
- Experience working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI or Nielsen) and JDA.
- Experience with advanced analytics around promotional / non promotional and pricing strategy.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with retailer specific data such as 84.51 or 1010
- Ability to travel up to 30%
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.