Junior Analyst, Finance AccountingFairland, South Africa Job ID 12027 Apply
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson, a family company for the last 130 years, is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. SCJ’s product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Junior Analyst, Finance Accounting at SC Johnson, your purpose will be to lead the accounting activities for all countries in the cluster.
You will ensure adherence to financial policies (internal and external), statutory/tax requirements, lead month-end closing process, and coordinate with the SSC for Treasury, A/P and General Ledger transactions. The Junior Analyst, Finance Accounting will also lead the monthly close process and year-end activities, ensuring accuracy of P&L (below PC) and Balance Sheet. In addition, you will be the key point of contact within the cluster for coordination with the SSC on Treasury, A/P and General Ledger topics.
We’re looking for a driven and ambitious Finance and Accounting professional with strong proven accounting and financial skills coupled with excellent communication skills and an adaptable approach. You will have previous Accounting experience and some exposure to implementing and enforcing internal controls.
This is a great opportunity for you if you’re looking for the opportunity to take the next step in your career in an organization where you will truly be able to make an impact.
- Preparation and submission of statutory requirement and/or key point of contact with outsourced statutory agency in the cluster members
- Coordination internal and external audits as well as SOAR testing
- Implementing/executing global insurance and tax strategies
- Providing finance support for administrative functions in the cluster including functionals, payments processing (working with SSC, payroll, treasury, etc.), non-inventory purchase orders
- Vendor Master Data and credit application administration
REQUIRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE:
- BCom Accounting + Hons
- Strong internal controls capabilities
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team building skills, especially across countries
- Analytical skills
- Strong Computer skills (MS Office)
PREFERRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting experience in a multinational FMCG environment
- SAP experience would be an advantage