Senior Analyst, AccountingFairland, South Africa Job ID 16973 Apply
The purpose of this role is to lead the accounting activities for Nigeria in the cluster including ensuring adherence to financial policies (internal and external), statutory/tax requirements, leading month-end closing process, and coordination with the SSC for Treasury, A/P and General Ledger transactions.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Pledge®,Duck®, Mr. Muscle®,Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the monthly close process and year-end activities, ensuring accuracy of P&L (below PC) and Balance Sheet.
- Key point of contact within the cluster for coordination with the SSC on Treasury, A/P and General Ledger topics.
- Preparation and submission of statutory requirement and/or key point of contact with outsourced statutory agency in the cluster members.
- Coordination internal and external audits as well as SOAR testing
- Implement/execute global insurance and tax strategies
- Provide finance support for administrative functions in the cluster including functionals, payments processing (working with SSC, payroll, treasury, etc), non-inventory purchase orders.
- Vendor Master Data and credit application administration.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- CA (SA) with at least 2 years post articles experience or BCom Accounting + Hons
- Min 3 years accounting experience in an FMCG environment (preferably with a Multi-national company)
- Strong accounting and financial skills and internal controls capabilities, inculding the ability to implement and enforce internal controls
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Office, SAP, BPC
- Strongplanning/organizationalskills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a sense of ownership, leadership and can-do attitude
- Analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.