Senior Associate, Sales Account ManagementFairland, South Africa Job ID 12573 Apply
About SC Johnson:
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®,Mr.Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established agenerations-long legacyof environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
To manage and lead Regional Sales Agents, to ensure all agreed sales/merchandising objectives are achieved, in accordance with the Sales department’s goals and objectives. Assist in developing and implementing joint business plans that will deliver on the P&L requirements of the company to ensure volume, value, distribution and share growth within this channel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Ensures that all customer promotions are executed in line with the co-op grid as agreed by the KAM with customer to assist in optimizing ROI on Trade spend
- Deliver all financial targets for selected account portfolio
- Conducting formal business reviews and cycle deal meetings with respective Regional Sales Agents.
- Ensure that all promotional activities within the region are timeously executed and communicated to relevant agents.
- Ensure that shelf allocation always exceed market share and SCJ objectives.
- Achieve priority shares.
- Ensure Merchandiser resources are optimized, and 3rd Party Agency provides quality service at competitive terms.
- Manage remnants/return within the defined business parameters
- To ensure all agreed sales and merchandising objectives are achieved, in accordance with the Sales department’s goals and objectives.
- Drive distribution in the assigned regions.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- At least 3 - 5 years multi-functional experience in Sales in a FMCG Company with proven selling track record in the Wholesale channel and or Retail accounts
- Knowledge of the Categories, pertinent Key Customers, and key Competitive set
- Good customer facing experience
- Has negotiating experience and training
- Strategic mind set, understands the strategic and tactical nature of the business
- Clear understanding of the different channel Go-To-Market principles/strategies, structures - Wholesale
- Strong Financial skills, to drive negotiations and manage the P&L
- People leadership and team building skills, demonstrate ability to manage up and across organization
- Understands “ACNielsen” syndicated data
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of local labor laws (relative to 3rd Party manpower management)
- Qualification: Marketing/Management Degree/Diploma