Accounts Payable analyst - Greek SpeakerFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 11855 Apply
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation and are passionate about working in a varied, dynamic role we’d like to hear from you.
Here at SC Johnson in the United Kingdom, we’ve been named a 2019 Best Workplace™ and a Best Workplace™ for Women by Great Place to Work®. We’re proud of the collaborative, high-trust workplace atmosphere and flexible, family-friendly policies and programs which have earned us the designations
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure accounting process performs to Service Level Agreements within the SSC:
- Be able to understand and resolve parked and blocked invoices.
- Understanding debit balances and the actions to take.
- Look at all direct debit and standing orders and make sure that we comply with auditor requirement.
- Reconciling vendor statements in a timely manner.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis, query management, identification and resolution of service delivery issues.
- Develop customer relationships with our business partners, external customers and provide a high quality service to all stakeholders.
- Resolving vendor and country queries efficiently and accurately.
Quality and integrity of financial information provided by the SSC:
- Ensuring the appropriate controls are operational in order to maintain the quality and integrity of financial information to comply with auditing requirements.
- Ensuring consistency of process by following best practice.
Owning the accounting to reporting process:
- Identification and implementation of process improvements, with ability to competently share knowledge and learnings.
- Integration of accounting activities into and new staff into the SSC.
- Sharing of knowledge with SSC staff including healthy contribution in team meetings and team objectives.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Good previous experience of working within an accounts payable department for a multi-national organization
- Good understanding of VAT taxation rules and regulations ideally for Greece
- Fluent in English and Greek both verbal and written
- Ideally a working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience of resolving and posting high volume of parked documents in various currencies
- Self-starter, able to come in and hit the ground running and make decisions
- Able to demonstrate previous delivery of process improvements
- Strong experience of working to deadlines with excellent attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Good reconciliation and numeracy skills
- Good communication skills and a strong team player
- Good IT/Computer literate skills and Intermediate-advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities independently and as a team
- Ability to operate efficiently under continuous change