Accounts Payable analyst - Greek SpeakerFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 13801 Apply
As part of our EMEA Shared Service Centre, the purpose of this role is: posting, parking and dealing with parked and blocked invoices and then posting them in the Purchase Ledger on a timely basis, and in an accurate manner. You'll be ensuring that all Non-PO invoices are coded and approved by a manager that is on the Delegation of Duties list. As well as this you'll also be required to actively support the Accounts Payable Associate Manager in both routine tasks and process improvements.
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation and are passionate about working in a varied finance role and making improvements to processes we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure accounting process performs to Service Level Agreements within the SSC:
- Be able to understand and resolve parked and blocked invoices.
- Understanding debit balances and the actions to take.
- Look at all direct debit and standing orders and make sure that we comply with auditor requirement.
- Reconciling vendor statements in a timely manner.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis, query management, identification and resolution of service delivery issues.
- Develop customer relationships with our business partners, external customers and provide a high quality service to all stakeholders.
- Resolving vendor and country queries efficiently and accurately.
Quality and integrity of financial information provided by the SSC:
- Ensuring the appropriate controls are operational in order to maintain the quality and integrity of financial information to comply with auditing requirements.
- Ensuring consistency of process by following best practice.
Owning the accounting to reporting process:
- Identification and implementation of process improvements, with ability to competently share knowledge and learnings.
- Integration of accounting activities into and new staff into the SSC.
- Sharing of knowledge with SSC staff including healthy contribution in team meetings and team objectives.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Good previous experience of working within an accounts payable department for a multi-national organization
- Good understanding of VAT taxation rules and regulations ideally for Greece
- Fluent in English and Greek both verbal and written
- Ideally a working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience of resolving and posting high volume of parked documents in various currencies
- Self-starter, able to come in and hit the ground running and make decisions
- Able to demonstrate previous delivery of process improvements
- Strong experience of working to deadlines with excellent attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Good reconciliation and numeracy skills
- Good communication skills and a strong team player
- Good IT/Computer literate skills and Intermediate-advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities independently and as a team
- Ability to operate efficiently under continuous change