Associate Manager, Environmental ToxicologistFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 13552 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for an Associate Manager, Environmental Toxicologist (Frimley, UK)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
This environmental toxicologist role is responsible for guiding innovation teams on the environmental safety assessment process for consumer products. This will include advising on environmental requirements of relevant regulations (e.g. Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR), Detergent Regulation, CLP). The role will support a portfolio of new product development projects and provide technical support to maintain existing products on market.
You’ll also be responsible for safety reviews of ingredients and product formulas, including generating experimental data where necessary, in order conduct, refine and document environmental risk assessments. Where relevant, this role will ensure that risk assessments are compliant with latest regulatory requirements and will contribute to timely submission of Biocidal Product registration dossiers.
If you’re an Environmental Toxicologist/Risk Assessor and you’d like to go further with our family and work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a 4.5 day working week, competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
- Conduct environmental safety assessments for consumer products including reviewing ingredients, experimental product formulas for environmental profile during the end-to-end innovation process
- Utilizing study-related information, relevant published literature and computer models (such as EUSES and related tools) to develop risk assessments for final product clearance
- Distil complex scientific subject matter into key messages for project teams and international counterparts to facilitate risk-based decisions
- Provide early insight into new and emerging environmental legislation and regulatory developments which may impact the business, and provide support for discussions with various regulatory authorities or Trade Association activities
- Ensure that risk assessments comply with latest regulatory requirements / guidance and are documented in appropriate format
- Complete relevant sections of BPR dossiers in IUCLID
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Toxicology / Sciences (or related field)
- Good relevant previous experience of Eco Tox in either industry, consultancy or a regulatory capacity
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Solid technical aptitude – Good understanding of principles of environmental risk assessment. Understanding of test methodologies preferred but not essential.
- Critical thinker – Ability to analyze, disaggregate information in a structured way, identify core issues
- Clear communication – Must be able to communicate technical information effectively within all levels of the organization
- Strong multi-tasking skills – Must be able to balance and prioritize workload for a portfolio of projects