Category ManagerFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 18434 Apply
This role is a fixed term contract (maternity cover) until end April 2023
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate Manager - Sales Analysis - UK
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
This role is a pivotal role in our Sales Operations team. You’ll be responsible for the category management relationship with Wilko (with some other responsibilities in other accounts, as needed). Success in the role will be achieved through demonstrating thought leadership and driving long-term category value for the customers and look for rationale for SCJ growth as well (without compromising overall category growth). You’ll work with the customer to help develop their P&L as well as communicating and implementing strategies in relation to all aspects that impact the shopper and shopper experience, including range, assortment, promotions, merchandising, aisle layout, and purchase drivers.
If you would like to work in a multicultural organisation and are passionate about doing the best thing for your customers, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station (with direct services to London Waterloo) and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
- Take a category lead role to enhance market, consumer & shopper insights understanding and to share relevant insights within the Category Management team and to the wider Commercial team
- Develop category relationships that ensure the SC Johnson team is seen as responsive, empowered and the preferred supplier to trust with category data and projects.
- Actively spend time with the customer within their business and aspire to active involvement in key category reviews presenting the opportunity to develop working knowledge of their business processes and forge relationships with Merchandising.
- Work with the Account Manager and Customer Marketing in the development of promotional activity which meets brand and retail objectives, whilst maximising return on investment for SCJ and Retail Partners
- Build cross functional contacts (e.g. logistics, sales, customer marketing, finance etc) to plan and execute the annual promotional plan.
- Achieve key account financial metrics in line with company objectives
- Manage Ecomms dashboard on a monthly basis and Corplan files
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Experience or exposure to creating and analysing syndicated market data (Nielsen and/or IRI) and measures.
- Experience of working with space planning systems would be beneficial, as would experience of category reviews.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management experience at all levels as well as the ability to develop and execute fact-based business plans and arguments
- A desire to ‘challenge positively’ – think big and take a proactive approach to the customer and the capacity to course correct the customer/channel plan as appropriate, in a timely manner, to exceed SCJ and customer targets.
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.