Frimley, United Kingdom; Leeds, United KingdomCategory: Sales, Marketing Job ID: 25780
You’ll be responsible for the category management relationship with one of the top 4 accounts (with some flexibility on smaller accounts, as needed). We are looking for a category manager who can demonstrate thought leadership, drive long-term category value for the retailer. Covering all aspects that impact the shopper instore and online.
You’ll also work internal customer sales and marketing team to help develop mutually beneficial key strategies and actions to drive SCJ and retailer growth.
- Use data and insight to influence retailers’ selections on range, promo, merchandising aisle layout, and purchase drivers.
- Develop category relationships that ensure the SC Johnson team is seen as the preferred supplier to trust with category data and projects.
- Take market, consumer & shopper insights understanding and to share within the Category Management team and to the wider Commercial team.
- Actively spend time with the Retailer contacts. Developing and presenting growth opportunities to shape key category reviews.
- Internally, work with the Account Manager and Customer Marketing in the development of activity compelling trade narratives which supports the customer and brand business objectives.
Experience you’ll bring:
- Worked with UK Grocery retailers / Category management for a Minimum of 4 years.
- Able to use syndicated market data (Nielsen and/or IRI) and can spot meaningful insights turning them into actions.
- Degree level education or equivalent
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Curiosity to understand consumer behaviour and enjoy working with data.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills and the ability build compelling category selling stories
- proactive approach to the customer and the capacity to course correct the customer/channel plan as appropriate, in a timely manner, to exceed SCJ and customer targets.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay & benefits incl Profit Share + car allowance
- Flexible starting and finishing times + 4.5 day working week
- Shuttle bus service from local train stations, EV charging points, Cycle to Work scheme
- Free onsite Gym + Classes
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.
Inclusion & Diversity
We’re a global business, with people from every culture, ethnicity, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and ability. We recognize the breadth of human experience, and we work to celebrate it. It is our goal to build a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work environment where all people can thrive.
We’re committed to ongoing efforts that help us attract, hire, and retain diverse talent who want to build a positive, inclusive environment. Read more about our ongoing initiatives at https://jobs.scjohnson.com/inclusion.
Don't see what
you're looking for?
Click here to share your information with SCJ's Recruiters.