Credit Control Manager (European Region)Frimley, United Kingdom Job ID 13014 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for a Credit Control Manager (European region) - (Frimley, UK)
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Manager Customer Financials – European Region – UK
In this role, as part of the EMEA Shared Service Centre you will be accountable for the leadership and management of the Customer Financial Services Team for the European Region.
You will deliver continuous improvement of cash flow / working capital across four clusters of European entities in the Region, through minimising DSO, optimising Collections activities and by resolving all payment claims and disputes raised by customers in a timely manner.
You will form strong business relationships with the Finance & Sales Directors for the Region, by presenting compelling insights obtained through in-depth analysis of results, and by driving alignment on actions required to further improve business results.
You will be leading and developing a high performing work team, focusing on delivering the strategic objectives of the function such as improving partnerships with the local SCJ subsidiaries and continuous efficiency and effectiveness improvements, while ensuring your team see SC Johnson as a “Great Place to Work”.
Finally, you will be a role model for Internal Controls, setting the right tone at the top while ensuring defined controls protocols are followed.
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation and are passionate about developing your people as well as delivering continuous improvement, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis and golf lessons, subsidised canteen and free parking on-site and much more.
- Provide active leadership in selection, development and performance management for 7 direct reports. 3 of the direct reports will be leading teams. The teams are responsible to manage Collections activities and the resolution of all customer payment claims for the countries in the European Region.
- Drive to constantly build capability within the team. Ensure there is real time career and succession planning.
- Provide direction & priorities to the team. Supervise the quality of work delivered. Continuously raise performance standards.
- Deliver DSO targets.
- Monitor all applicable KPI. Define & implement course correction action plans if results fall short of expectations.
- Pro-actively manage A/R risk exposure across the Region, also including several countries with non-standard collection models. Identify key risk, and drive alignment on risk mitigation actions.
- Develop strong business partnerships across the various departments of the SSC, as well with key stakeholders in the local markets.
- Responsible for the direct contact with local Finance & Sales Directors, to understand and meet their evolving needs. Liaise with the European Regional Finance Director to identify further opportunities to improve cash flow and Working Capital.
Process & Controls Leadership
- Accountable for the adherence to and continuous improvement of Internal Controls within the European Customer Financials Team, with particular focus on compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Set the right tone at the top – be a champion for Internal Controls.
- Drive the team to continuously improve the scope and quality of documentation retained. Initiate reviews of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a regular basis, and adapt SOPs as needed to reflect changes in the business and / or operating environment. Drive the Operational Excellence mindset within the team.
- Lead the drive for further process standardisation and centralisation, with a particular focus on changes which will result in increased process effectiveness or efficiency.
- Provide leadership across the SSC CFS Team during a number of ad-hoc projects, e.g. by revising the credit policy or other applicable internal policies for the EMEA Region.
Required Skills and competencies
- Degree in Finance with a professional accounting qualification or a credit management qualification or equivalent, with strong post-qualification experience
- Extensive prior experience in managing collections with a proven track record to reduce DSO in a high-risk environment. Prior experience in claims / deductions management is a plus.
- Previous experience in managing Accounts Receivable in a multi-country environment desired.
- Strong leadership, people management skills and communication abilities essential, ideally obtained in a multi-cultural environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience in successfully delivering process improvement projects which have resulted in step-changed effectiveness / efficiency of activities.
- Knowledge of Lean process improvement tools & methodology is a plus.
- Passion for driving change and delivering results.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and operate efficiently under continuous change.
- Ability to make things happen with strong sense of ownership.
- Fluent in English – Proficiency in another European language desirable.
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.