Customer Supply Chain Fulfillment AnalystFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 21253 Apply
As part of the EMEA Shared Service Centre, you’ll be providing outstanding service for all aspects of service for a portfolio of defined customers (retailers), and our UK SCJ sales team for which the Analyst is responsible. As part of the role, you’ll be attending “control tower” meetings, managing stock allocations, ensuring accurate processing of all orders and liaising with internal stakeholders and working closely with the team to plan and organize every detail of the customer fulfilment journey.
The role is within the team that covers the order management / customer fulfilment for our Northern Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Clusters. This role will focus on working with our UK Retailers or large profile online retailers such as Amazon etc.
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation and are passionate about supply chain, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station (with direct services to London Waterloo) and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
- To leverage communication and influencing skills in relation to order management, to maximize the customer case fill (and on time delivery if appropriate) in line with departmental and customer targets.
- To work closely with other members of the customer Fulfilment team, as well as the Associate Manager to provide outstanding service to all customers
- To maximise collaborative ways of working with trade customers through analysis and communicating recommendations to benefit the business and to build strong collaborative relationships with our partners in the local business to drive commercial and supply chain initiatives.
- To professionally manage stock allocations together with the centralised team, in line with local sales & supply chain teams’ expectations in low or out of stock situations.
- To ensure the effective management of new product listings and delists into customers through liaison with the local sales & logistics service providers.
- Supported by promotional grids, to work closely with local sales teams and customers to ensure the professional management of customer promotions/other trade events
- Ensure the accurate and smooth processing of customer orders and master data (Customer & Material Data) in SAP
- Supply Chain Experience or understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain (desirable)
- Previous experience in a Customer Services (including order management) ideally supporting large or high profile retailers.
- Should be of graduate caliber (Economic or management engineering would be preferable)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ideally an additional European Language (preferred)
- Strong communication skills and track record of building relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Good team player
- Intermediate level on word, excel & outlook
- Strong influencing, presenting, communication and problem- solving skills
- Proactive cooperation and service orientation
- Strong numeracy skills
- Results focused: able to prioritize tasks effectively and work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure