Financial Planning and Analysis - Functionals Team - Snr AnalystFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 25184 Apply
FP+A Snr Analyst - Functionals Team
• Location: Frimley, Surrey
• Function: EMEA SSC - Finance
About the role
As part of the EMEA Shared Service Centre, you’ll be accountable for providing Finance Business Partnering and influence cost savings for Functional expenses and other P&L lines for several EU countries. As well as this you will actively support the Associate Manager in both routine tasks and process improvements. This role has high exposure thru interaction with upper level stakeholders such as HR/Sales/Marketing/GMs/ADMIN and Finance in local markets, in the region and HQs.
About the Team/Department
Our EMEA Shared Service Centre (SSC) based in the UK has around 250 people across 3 different functions - Finance, Credit & Collections and Supply Chain. We support over 20 countries and speak around 40 different languages. The SSC is just one of 5 different SCJ businesses based at the Frimley site.
- Business partner with upper level stakeholders such as HR/Sales/Marketing/GMs/ADMIN and Finance in local European markets, in the region and HQs.
- Drive & influence cost savings for country group under one’s scope.
- Accountable for functional expenses of the following business areas: Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR and Admin
- Responsible for the Annual Budget, Q1, Re-estimate and S&OP
- Financial reporting of functional expenses via providing meaningful variance analysis and addressing Risks & Opportunities
- Performing month end activities on a timely manner with emphasis of transactional accuracy
- Ownership of the accrual and prepayment accounts relating to functional expenses and other P&L lines below Functionals
- Management of IC recharges
- Liaison with internal & external auditors
- Identification and implementation of process improvements thru Opex lean mindset, integration of finance activities into the SSC, integration of new staff into the SSC, sharing of knowledge with SSC staff.
Experience you’ll bring:
- Graduate calibre ideally in business/finance or equivalent and finalist or studying either AAT, ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Strong experience of budget setting and variance analysis.
- Proficiency in SAP, BPC and Business Warehouse or similar ERP system is a nice to have, but ideally will have advanced Excel skills.
- Awareness of internal controls and SOX
- Strong previous experience of working within an accounting department for a multi-national organisation
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to manage many competing priorities within deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy, able to self-evaluate work and create culture of continuous improvement as well as an ability to use initiative and be proactive in anticipating problems when they occur
- Able to work independently as well as comfortable working with colleagues of various levels and disciplines within a cross-functional organisation
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay & benefits incl Profit Share
- Flexible starting and finishing times + 4.5 day working week
- 33 days annual leave including public holidays due to supporting European countries
- Pension, Life cover & Health Insurance
- Shuttle bus service from local train stations, EV Charging points, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite Gym with free classes
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.