Indirect Tax AnalystFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 22004 Apply
• Location: Frimley, Surrey
• Function: Indirect Tax
Our EMEA Shared Service Centre based in the UK has around 250 people across 3 different functions - Finance, Credit & Collections and Supply Chain. We support over 20 countries and speak around 40 different languages. This role sits in our Indirect Tax team.
About the role
Indirect Tax compliance covers the EMEA region including VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat, e-invoicing etc. You will also be required to support in an advisory capacity dealing with queries from key customers within the EMEA Shared Service Centre (SSC) i.e. accounts receivable, accounts payable and finance and supporting the rest of the tax team on continuous process improvement initiatives
This role is a 12-month fixed term contract role
About the Team/Department
The role sits within the finance function of the EMEA Shared Service Centre (SSC) based in Frimley.
- Ensure filing of accurate and on time Indirect Tax compliance returns
- Clear adherence to work instructions and processes within the Tax team
- Respond to VAT queries from all parts of the SCJ SSC
- Develop and sustain efficient close relationships with key customers within the SSC
- Help in ensuring that the wider SSC team have the required knowledge and support to enter transactions into SAP correctly from an indirect tax perspective
Experience you’ll bring:
- Ability to operate on own level and make decisions, with support where required
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, macros, analytical formulas etc)
- Good general analytical skills with the ability to interpret lots of data, whilst adhering to tight deadlines
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities whilst operating at a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to operate efficiently under continuous change
- Ability to follow written processes and to identify opportunities to improve them
- Flexibility to change and open mind to process improvement
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay & benefits incl Profit Share
- Flexible starting and finishing times + 4.5 day working week
- 25 days annual holiday
- Pension, Life cover & Health Insurance
- Shuttle bus service from local train stations
- Free onsite Gym + free classes
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.