Scientist - ToxicologyFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 925 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for a Scientist - Toxicology (Frimley, UK)
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Associate – Toxicologist - UK
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®,Mr.Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established agenerations-long legacyof environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
This toxicologist role is responsible for developing and guiding innovation teams on the toxicological elements of the human safety assessment process for consumer products. The role will support a portfolio of new product development projects and provide technical support to maintain existing products on market. The toxicologist will be responsible for safety reviews of ingredients, experimental product formulas, consumer placements and marketable finished goods by monitoring safety studies and using the data as well as computer models to conduct human health risk assessments. In executing these responsibilities, the toxicologist is accountable for documenting and communicating decisions in an appropriate and timely manner consistent with internal procedures and industry standards.
If you would like to go further with our family and work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation utilising your experience in toxicology, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a 4.5 day working week, competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
- Toxicology evaluations to assess human health risks from use of consumer products
- Review ingredients, experimental product formulas and consumer placements for toxicological concerns during the end-to-end innovation process
- Monitor in vivo, in vitro and/or human clinical studies in accordance with applicable regulations and/or company policies
- Engage innovation teams to characterize consumer exposure for traditional and non-traditional product concepts
- Utilize study-related information, relevant published literature and computer models to develop risk assessments for final product clearance
- Communicates project success criteria, key findings and risk-based decisions to project teams and international counterparts for global transparency
- Distil complex scientific subject matter into upper management communications
- Supports the Consumer Resource Centre in medical response cases
- Scientific support for regulatory compliance initiatives
- Provide toxicology support for discussions with various regulatory authorities or industry activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to modify and improve department and company-wide processes to improve efficiency and global harmonization
- Higher degree in Toxicology (or related field) and good relevant experience
- High level understanding of toxicology principles and test methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and operate efficiently under continuous change
- Demonstrated communication skills, must be able to summarise and articulate technical information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to communicate technical information effectively within all levels of the organization
- Must be able to balance and prioritize workload for a portfolio of projects
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.