Trade Marketing ManagerFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 12109 Apply
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Associate Customer Marketing - UK
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Customer Marketing Director in the UK, you’ll also have a strong working relationship with the Marketing Commercialization Manager based in Switzerland. As the successful candidate you will be the primary lead for a specific brand as well as leading the assessment of future new brand opportunities to be launched/commercialized in the Country Group.
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organization and are passionate about Brands and Trade Marketing, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidized canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport, we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Trade Marketing manager, you’ll be responsible for both the administrative and operational management of growing your brands in our Country Group (UK and Scanda) with accountability for ensuring business objectives are met in terms of sales, profit and share. In addition to this, you’ll ensure that the executional requirements of the Country Group customers are clearly articulated and actioned by the Platform and Commercialization teams.
You will partner with Country Group sales teams in presenting Brand plans & activations to major customers that drive category growth and partner with Category Management and Country Group sales to ensure all distribution, feature & display, and all channel specific opportunities are maximized and executed with excellence.
This is a highly commercial role and as such you’ll be responsible for leading local tracking of distribution performance, competitive activities & ongoing product performance.
Further responsibilities of the role include:
· Managing the Brand equity budget, flawless tracking & providing timely updates
· Leading the Brand Commercial Process each month, developing monthly marketing guidelines to improve forecast accuracy for sales & product supply team
· Developing, executing and monitoring promotions (pre and post) in collaboration with Sales and Finance.
· Leading Customer Thought Leadership (CTL) for the Brand and presenting to customers in Brand Days
· Developing the E-Com strategy for the Brand
· Ensuring Trade Bundles, Base and New Products news developed by the Platform are appropriately and timely executed consistent with agreed parameters
· Managing all local administration including artwork approvals.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
This is a key role within the organization and we ask you to be an independent self -starter and strong communicator, able to build relationships at all levels and across functions in an ambiguous environment.
We’re looking for someone with strong strategic thinking and drive, who is still hands on and able to drive for results with a strong degree for initiative and speed.
In order to be successful, you must be commercially minded, possess excellent analytical skills and have a proven track record in delivering business results against agreed objectives.
In addition to the above, the following is required:
· Graduate degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or similar
· Fluent in English with an understanding and knowledge of the European retail environment
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Demonstrate dynamism and curiosity
· Problem solver
· Solid analytical skills with experience using market data (e.g. AC Nielsen, Kantar & Dunhumby)
· Mobile in the future
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
· Knowledge of home cleaning and air care categories
· Digitally and eCom savvy