Associate Manager, EngineeringGorzów Wielkopolski, Poland Job ID 17728 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for an Associate Manager, Engineering (Capital Investment Manager) to join our factory in Gorzów Wielkopolski.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages engineering projects in cooperation with the supervisor, regional and global cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with technical and engineering standards.
- Supports the factory in technical aspects and project implementation (e.g. modernization, technology transfer, product or technology changes).
- Cooperates with local departments: Production, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance or RD & E and cross-functional groups to ensure compliance with technical standards.
- Collaboration with local, regional and global engineering service providers to provide the best and most innovative engineering solutions within the budget.
- Ensures engineering support for local and regional initiatives (e.g. creating specifications, lists of tools and equipment, layouts of production lines, procedures for new products and technology pursuant to the corporate Engineering Standard of Work Processes (SCJ Engineering Work Process).
- Defines and develops project goals, schedules and plans, creates technical specifications of projects.
- Creates project teams, determines the responsibility of individual team members, coordinates their activities and solves problems, recommends specific actions, reports progress and status of activities locally and regionally.
- Cooperates in creating the budgets of engineering and investment projects in compliance with the local Master Plan.
- Ensures execution on time of specific project stages and within a given budget, and in case of unforeseen obstacles escalates the problem, looks for solutions.
- Manages the development and implementation of the best engineering practices in the plant and cooperates in this range with regional and global experts.
- Supports local corporate developing initiatives, efficiency, savings or other initiatives related to technical improvements locally.
- Performs other work and activities ordered by the superior.
- Higher education in the field of engineering: electrical, mechanical, chemical or process engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the management of investment projects in the international environment, preferably FMCG industry
- Experience in project management procedure and associated with the operation of the production plant
- Strong knowledge to plan project budget and expenditure monitoring
- Strong knowledge to plan the project schedule and monitoring the implementation of investments
- Demonstrated experience in purchase of machinery negotiations
- Very good knowledge of English that allows free discussion of technical issues with global equipment suppliers
- The ability to act independently and to acquire information
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and applications such as AUTOCAD and with the ability to develop and implement process diagrams
- The ability to work closely with all functions in the organization
- Proactive approach in task execution
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application