Engineering ManagerGorzów Wielkopolski, Poland Job ID 20347 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for an Engineering Manager based in our factory in Gorzów Wielkopolski, Poland.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our production site in our Gorzow and lead the team who will manage different investment projects across the business and with peers at our other production sites.
You'll provide the Site Engineering Team with enduring excellence and technical contributions for site and regional initiatives. You'll be implementing standard engineering working processes and methods on the site through the framework of SC Johnson’s Early Management system.
You will also use your extensive knowledge to train and coach others to build capability and deliver engineering excellence across the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages engineering projects in cooperation with the superior, regional and global cross-function teams to ensure compliance with technical and engineering standards.
- Manage the site engineering team.
- Supports the factory in technical aspects and project implementation (e.g. improvement design, modernization, technology transfer, product or technology changes)
- Cooperation with local departments of Production, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance or RD&E and cross-functional groups to ensure compliance with technical standards
- Provides engineering support for local and regional initiatives
- Creates project teams, defines the responsibilities of individual team members, coordinates their activities and solves problems
- Cooperates in creating budgets for engineering and investment projects in accordance with the local Master Plan
- Provides timely implementation of specific project stages and within a specified budget
- Manages the development and implementation of the best engineering practices in the factory and cooperates in this respect with regional and global experts
- Provide engineering support activities for manufacturing facilities, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facility expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases, as well as installations.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Higher technical education (mechanical engineering, automation, etc.).
- Min. 5 years of professional work experience in engineering ideally gained in FMCG.
- People management experience.
- Project management methodology practitioner.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Well-developed leadership skills; must possess the ability to influence decisions based on providing appropriate fact based rationale.
- Knowledge of Plant Maintenance systems and TPM will be an advantage.
- Advance English language
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.