Associate Manager, SHE Safety and HealthGorzów Wielkopolski, Poland Job ID 15004 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for an Associate Manager, SHE Safety and Health at their recently expanded factory in Gorzow
Reporting to the SHE Manager, you will lead site-level deployment of SC Johnson’s Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management practices to ensure compliance with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards. You will work closely with the regional SHE manager to align SC Johnson’s overall safety, health and environmental strategies with site-level targets and objectives. You will also provide technical leadership to ensure site-wide processes associated with the management of high-hazard chemical processes are effectively deployed and maintained. While this role requires health and safety technical knowledge and experience, success is equally dependent on developing and supporting “champions” within the site to drive day-to-day health and safety process ownership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads health and safety compliance assurance processes to enable compliance with applicable laws, permit authorizations and company standards.
- Supports compliance with applicable regulatory and company process safety management standards to reduce risks associated with the storage and use of high-hazard chemicals.
- Deploys internal audit processes, including annual program evaluations, frequent workplace inspections and daily safe behavior observations, to proactively identify conditions and behaviors that can cause injury or potential SHE non-conformances.
- Partners with assigned stakeholders to drive timely, effective closure of identified health and safety-related corrective and preventive actions.
- Coordinates completion of risk assessments such as process hazard analyses for the site’s high-hazard chemical processes, ergonomic evaluations at individual workstations and site-wide industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Collaborates with the site’s engineering and maintenance teams to ensure that inspections, testing, preventive maintenance activities associated with safety-critical equipment and applicable high-hazard chemical processes are defined and appropriately documented.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support periodic external regulatory inspections associated with occupational safety, health and/or fire protection matters.
- Champions the investigation of health and safety incidents and ensures that corrective and preventive actions that address root causes are effectively deployed across the site.
- Leads the development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required health and safety training for the site is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Serves as the health and safety representative for Management of Change (MOC) reviews to evaluate and control potential hazards and impacts associated with business activity changes.
- Verifies the accuracy of data in the company’s SHE database (e.g., Entropy) and analyzes the data to identify loss trends that can contribute to injuries and illnesses and health and safety process non-conformances.
- Champions the deployment of employee-driven safety teams and facilitates technical support for team activities that promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Provides consultation to the site’s human resources and medical teams to implement programs to prevent occupational diseases and manage return-to-work programs for work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Provides input to the site manager and regional SHE manager on site goals and budgets.
- May provide supervision to site-level SHE analysts and technicians.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree from an academic university in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressively increasing SHE leadership responsibility in a global manufacturing organization
- Experience in high-hazard chemical process safety management (PSM) such as the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration PSM standard or European Seveso Directive – a nice to have.
- Experience in driving day-to-day ownership of health and safety processes to non-SHE program “champions”
- Experience of leading different SHE related projects
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced degree Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related discipline
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or country equivalent
- Experience leading teams/managing others
- Ability to interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes
- Effective communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders
- Project management experience to enable prioritization and management of multiple projects to completion