Sr Analyst AccountingGorzów Wielkopolski, Poland Job ID 12336 Apply
The purpose of the role is to be accountable for providing financial analysis, performing the month end close, to resolve internal customer queries on behalf of SCJ. Provide finance business partnering to the local country and liaising across multiple functions. Balance sheet reconciliations are a key competency as is SOAR compliance. This role is to actively support the Associate Manager in the efficient functioning and implementation of the tasks of the R2R department. Also taking the lead responsibility for improvement initiatives.Apply
Performing activities including, but not limited to:
- Ensure that financial statements are kept in accordance with US GAAP for corporate reporting and Local GAAP for statutory purpose, and all appropriate records are maintained
- Performing month end tasks within close period
- Recording, controlling and Clearing bank entries
- Performing analysis of balance sheet and P&L accounts to identify accounting discrepancies and provide input on resolutions
- Ensure that all internal controls, financial policies and procedures established by GIA are being followed
- Develop and maintain internal/external audit and SOAR documentation as it relates to the role. Further, act as liaison between internal/external auditors and business partners during reviews and audits
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks are being completed accurately within deadlines
- Resolving country queries and maintaining an open and professional relationship with all business partners.
- Ensuring the appropriate controls are operational in order to maintain the quality and integrity of financial information, ensuring consistency of process across Europe
- Lead and review process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting through using LEAN methodology
- Supporting of team members to help development and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate calibre ideally in business/finance or equivalent
- Strong proven track record of monthly closing, balance sheets, month end reporting, accruals and reconciliation, able to demonstrate a high level of numeracy.
- Experience of SAP is ideal and ideally knowledge of Business Warehouse or a similar ERP system
- Advanced Excel skills with good analytical skills are a must
- Strong previous experience of working within an accounting department for a large ideally multi-national organisation
- Awareness of internal controls
- Able to demonstrate strong initiative and a proactive nature in anticipating problems when they occur and following through until resolution is found.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, able to self-evaluate work and create culture of continuous improvement
- Able to work independently and with strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in supporting and training other colleagues
- Most effective working with colleagues of various levels and disciplines within a cross-functional organisation by leveraging knowledge and skills to influence others.
- Experience of working in a change environment.
- Fluency in English language, excellent motivation, judgment and communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Be a self-starter who is flexible in their approach to tasks / projects
- Experience of working with multiple currencies
- Project management and presentation skills
- Experienced in Lean, Six Sigma or other recognized process excellence methodology would be an advantage but not a necessity.