Senior Associate, Development Engineering Packaging (Gurgaon)Gurgaon, India Job ID 13525 Apply
The purpose of this role is to support Global NPD (New Product Development) projects landing in South Asia as packaging engineer across categories. Execute regionally initiated projects (business maintenance/cost saving /special pack) as package engineer. Support office and Contract Manufacturing locations to ensure clean and safe working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue packaging component specifications and product recipes. Specify pallet patterns.
- Perform and decide on packaging/component tests (like Static storage test; ECT test; fiber tire test; etc.).
- Support to Global RD&E for primary pack development and qualification in accordance to Global/Asian needs.
- Compatibility testing, preparation and decision together with relevant engineer.
- Qualify developed methods/instructions in Manufacturing by attending the execution of required trials and support Manufacturing in Production Line Qualifications (PLQ).
- Support remote/local SCJ manufacturing sites and/or contractors.
- Issue/support packaging recipes when the change is not affecting performance.
- Evaluates and approve packaging materials (including also 2nd sources) localizing the RD&E PCM requirements to local/regional needs.
- Coordinate for production of required products and samples for Marketing/Trade and compatibility testing.
- Team member for roll out of NPD (New Product Launch) projects across all categories (Air Care, Home Cleaning, Pest Control and Shoe Care).
- PCM (Product Change Management) Asia representative in local/regional meetings.
- PCM (Product Change Management) Asia Project Manager for projects up to medium of complexity without supervision.
- May/will be an Internal Auditor for PCM (Product Change Management) Asia Quality System.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology / Industrial Design, Chemical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, or equivalent engineering program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in R&D packaging development environment, in relevant industry.
- Project Management skills and experience an advantage.
- Full time.
- Standard Working hours.
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com