Key Account ManagerHamburg, Germany Job ID 20077 Apply
Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®,Babyganics® andEcover®. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you’re into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Key Account Manager to join our Lifestyle Brands team being responsible for Ecover and Method in DACH. At LSB we are on a constant quest to continue our leadership and influence by challenging the organisation to reach unchartered heights. This applies to everything we do; especially having incredible people at all levels of the organisation. In this spirit, we are looking for you as a high-potential National Account Manager to drive top and bottom line performance. You will work with relevant national customers in Germany.
You will be based in our new office in Hamburg and report into the Head of Sales DACH. Working directly with category, brand experience, new product development, operations and finance to create and drive the strategy and deliver the business’ sales and profit targets. At LSB we look for those taking initiative and having the passion to make a difference.
- Deliver operating budget for your accounts. Be resourceful and employ innovative sales and marketing solutions to deliver value, gross margin, and volume targets for your customers. Independently manage annual negotiation incl the trade terms, agreements, price increases and promotional plans. Manage and maintain a bottom-up plan and provide clarity to the leadership team on an on-going basis. Develop commercial solutions to issues and ensure stretching targets are set with clear rationales as to growth levers and execution plans.
- Relationship Retail. Continue to drive our retailer relationships to the next level. Know what you need to do to keep your customers happy operationally, whilst bringing the fun and being disruptive, delivering competitive advantage for LSB in your accounts.
- Build compelling stories and sell with impact. It’s your challenge to build sustainable distribution, sales and profitability of existing and new product lines within the customer. You bring deep customer understanding together with market and consumer insight for your biggest accounts. You will lead the analysis of data sources, working with the category team to develop the account strategy on communication and execution.
- Collaborate with supply chain on the forecast. Using data analysis and through collaborative work with supply chain team. You own the monthly forecast and deliver planned sales in line with the monthly forecast.
- Develop a spend savvy promotional plan for your customers. Determine the key activity moments and use commercial and category insights to experiment with new mechanics.
- Work with marketing team to activate the brand strategy. In order to complement your customer strategy and deliver a gold standard of execution you are able to create a brand ‘theatre’ online.
- Serve as an Ecover + Method role model and advocate internally and externally. You will make sure we are further positioning our brands as differentiated and value-driven to support our premium positioning and drive green category value.
- Live the values of LSB. We take our values seriously! Collaborate closely with other members of the team to set an envied culture and ways of working aligned with the company values and behaviours. Whether that means being a green giant, or keeping it weird, we are looking for like-minded people to join us on our mission!
Experience you’ll bring :
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) or comparable experience
- Relevant experience in Sales as KAM, preferably in FMCG
- Profound knowledge of the German retail environment
- Track record of independently retail negotiation
- Experience in delivering sustainably and long-term growth
- IT knowledge: Office: Excel& PowerPoint, preferably SAP, BW)
- Market Data (Nielsen / IRI )
Super powers you’ll bring:
- you’ll be at home being a trailblazer – trying things others haven’t tried before and quickly analysing whether they’ve worked.
- you’ll love devising the right plans for your customers and brand and be confident in coming up with the right solutions yourself…and then implementing them.
- you’ll be comfortable building insights from market data to drive the growth of a brand.
- your communication skills mean you’ll be at home living and breathing our brand in front of an audience, and your ‘macgyvering’ skills mean that you’re able to turn your own great ideas and a small purse into exceptional and profitable sales growth.
- you’ll not be comfortable in a bureaucratic ‘ivory tower’ – you’re a self-starter who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty and stuff done
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay & benefits package
- Free breakfast & snacks
- 30 days annual holiday
- Volunteering days