National Distribution Sales Manager, WholesaleIllinois Job ID 17381 Apply
The National Distribution Manager role, formally called the Manager, Sales Account Management directly reports to the Director of Sales for National Distribution. The position is field based. This Senior Sales Manager will lead the development of comprehensive business plans that enable the execution of the marketing and sales vision within a defined customer set. They will achieve an in-depth knowledge and understanding of each wholesaler, their respective market sectors, marketing plans and local and national sales capabilities and align appropriate SC Johnson Professional resources accordingly.
We are open to candidates that live within the mid-west, ideally this candidate would live near Chicago, IL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will also be responsible for an identified group of Distributors/Wholesalers. They will manage and develop trading relationships and achieve considerable business sales growth within identified customers. They will achieve an in-depth knowledge and understanding of each customer and their respective market sectors. They will ensure Distributors are fully trained in all aspects of the SC Johnson Professional product range and that the training is updated on a regular basis. They will support establishing distributor business plans and incentive programs. They will manage sales of product through an analysis and focus on:
- Customer Management
- Marketing program and promotional Management
- Opportunity Management
- Call Management
- Integrity and Compliance
- Personal Development
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- University Degree required /Advanced degree preferred. Requires 5+ years of direct/relevant experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven track record of sales management with experience managing large National Distributors and Wholesalers
- Manage pricing, promotions, and on-line content with a focus on best-in-class e-commerce presents
- Experience of managing sales relationships in a non-durable selling environment (eg cleaning, hygiene, paper etc.)
- Grow top and bottom-line revenue with assigned accounts
- Maintain 100% integrity and adherence to company policies.
- Participate in 100% of all required capability development programs
- Develop and execute distributor programs and promotions to drive sales and reduce distributer churn
- Experience of selling through distribution and selling B2B essential
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
The expectations of the National Distribution Manager include:
- Develop, resource and execute customer business plans for all target customers
- Highly competitive, results oriented and resilient nature
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- Likes to work in a fast paced, open environment
- Ability to think creatively
- Administrative requirements completed as required
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work beyond routine schedules where necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Approximately 20% overnight travel
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.