Senior Analyst, Demand PlanningTurkey Job ID 17560 Apply
The primary role of the market demand planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales inputs on promotions and distribution, shipment history, competitor activities and marketing plans. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true consumer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company resources. This role will also be the conduit in the cluster and country between the commercial teams and all of supply chain planning.
The market demand planner is entrusted to develop and maintain professional relationships with local and remote supply chain planning partners. This position is charged with making decisions that impact the demand plan and communicating those decisions to stakeholders. The role expands to include contributing to special projects and other supply chain and business strategy initiatives.
The Market Demand Planner is also the facilitator of the Pre-demand and Demand Reviews (Step 2) within the cluster and country for the S&OP process, ensuring an efficient, effective, and reliable review driven by an unbiased, consensus process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best forecast possible using established processes. Utilizing the statistical feed in the system from their demand support hub.
- Collect and analyze past/future demand inputs (such as distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans) from sales and marketing, and calculate their impacts on demand.
- Work with various cross functional partners on projects such as new product launches, discontinuations, and transitions to evaluate assumptions (pre and post launch) – new product forecast, pipeline fill, and cannibalization.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Marketing and Finance for advertising and promotional activities – time period, expected market penetration, reaction (uplift, cannibalization on other items/brands) and evaluate against performance from similar historical activities.
- Work with the regional demand hub to help maintain cleansed history in APO at the appropriate level and ensure a 24-month rolling forecast in APO.
- Ensure demand forecast is shared in level of detail and timing required by internal customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions. Also communicating forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales (field sales, corporate sales managers and directors), and finance to address input gaps as identified by forecast error/bias review & root cause analysis
- Measure, analyze, and communicate key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a graduate degree, preferably economics, supply chain management, engineering, or a related business field
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of Supply Chain or Business experience
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated results and working in a team-based, cross functional environment, preferably experience with the standard S&OP or IBM processes
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of hands-on experience in demand planning and simulation systems or tools
- Experience working in the CPG industry
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience using PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access). Preferably with experience in SAP
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Ability to drive action and influence decision making at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.