Associate Manager, ToxicologyKuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job ID 24180 Apply
As the Associate Manager, Toxicology, you will be responsible for initiating projects, developing project proposals, and planning work execution. You will be responsible for helping to ensure all SC Johnson (SCJ) products are both safe for the consumer and the environment, as required by prescribed regulatory standards and internal corporate requirements. You will work on a team of both human and environmental toxicologists within Global Product Safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute projects and apply advanced knowledge/skills to meet function requirements
- Adapt established methods and standards making continuous improvement to established approaches
- Assist in leading team in aspects of human and environmental product safety for the benefit of the business
- Deliver R321 product risk assessments for both human health and environmental safety for all categories
- Deliver product safety reviews for formulas, raw materials, and human testing in accordance with established procedures and ensure timelines are met
- Work constructively and proactively to resolve any issues through collaborative problem solving with other Global Safety Assessment and Regulatory Affairs (GSARA) stakeholders
- Ensure necessary product safety data requirements are available and communicated to GSARA
- Support emerging regulatory and strategic science direction as well as execution and support to many internal functions including SCJ business categories, Public Relations, Government Relations, Product Development, and Global Registration and Regulatory Affairs
- Defend key ingredients to regulatory authorities and public interest groups
- Contribute to the development of technical solutions and options to mitigate potential risks to Research, Development & Engineering (RD&E) project teams
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in Toxicology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 to 6 years of experience in toxicology
- Experience in leading projects within Asia-Pacific (APAC) to support the regulatory compliance of the registrations in the respective countries
- Registration and renewal of products with the Malaysian authorities
- Experience in consumer goods, pesticides, biocidal products
- Permanent – full time job
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Sign up for Job Alerts.