Director, Consumer Insights & Business Analytics, AsiaMalaysia Job ID 17678 Apply
Do you love storytelling with data? The Consumer Insights & Business Analytics Director at SC Johnson offers you the opportunity to use that storytelling ability to establish yourself as a thought leader, a strategic business partner, team lead & an influential voice on significant business decisions. This role requires someone who is an effective communicator, is naturally curious, has a strong intuition on data quality and is an expert at navigating complex organizations. You will be tasked with developing new analytic insights to drive local activation while also educating the marketing commercialization organization on existing best practices and principles.
Daily, this position:
- Partners with the regional leadership team to solve complex business challenges through the application of analytics and shopper insights.
- Supports omni-channel growth strategies with deep understanding of data and the consumer. Including expansive knowledge of the eCommerce landscape.
- Deployment of predictive analytic capabilities to deliver increased ROIs across the P&L through improved planning, execution and measurement of Marketing activities.
- Expansion of the business acumen of the local team through the creation and support of key analytic capabilities such as business driver decomposition and forecasting.
- Build consumer/shopper empathy with local market insights leading to clear activation strategies
- Collaborates cross-functionally including global & local commercialization teams to deliver short and long-term business objectives.
- Effectively develops relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to: Regional Lead, Local Marketing Directors, General Managers, Customer Marketing & Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of three analytics/insights professionals focused on delivering local business objectives through the effective deployment of analytics and shopper insights. Coach and mentor junior team members on how to best apply analytics and insights to deliver business results.
- Develop and align Asia learning agendas with Regional Lead. Effectively prioritize team resources and budget to deliver annual learning agendas.
- Partner with cross-functional team (Marketing, Media, Finance, Sales, etc…) to develop comprehensive Marketing Measurement strategies that will enable SCJ to drive ROI. Including test and learn opportunities.
- Work with key vendors to complete Marketing Measurement studies (Marketing Mix, Single Source, Promotion analysis, eCommerce) that lead to clear recommendations that maximize efficiency and effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Effectively communicate analytical findings of the local market/category to global team and conversely integrate global learnings into local analytic projects.
- Works closely with CIBA Centers of Excellence (Media, Ecommerce, Retail & Shopper) to continue to advance and deploy best in-class analytics and shopper insights on a daily basis.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years relevant experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience applying Marketing Analytics & Shopper Insights to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Commercial analytics experience, including the application of analytic tools & techniques in the areas of marketing mix, forecasting, eCommerce, pricing, assortment optimization, etc.
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience, and judgment
- Familiarity with Shopper Insight capabilities including (path to purchase, merchandising and in-home research)
- CPG experience preferred, with expertise in CPG data sources (Nielsen, Kantar, Alibaba, JD, Etc.)
- Prior experience with team management and/or coaching cross-functional partners
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills across functions and levels
- Full Time Employee
- Travel < 20%
Not ready to apply? Sign up for Job Alerts.