Manager, Logistics OperationsMalaysia Job ID 18663 Apply
As a Manager, Logistics Operations, you will be responsible for Logistics Operations within the APAC region (except Greater China) that covers warehouse management and secondary transportation domain of the logistics function to deliver excellence in customer service at the lowest cost. You will need to drive ongoing network distribution modeling efforts to ensure that low operational costs and high service expectations are optimized and require to be an expert in Lean principles and practices as applicable for warehouse operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Logistics Service Provider(s) (LSPs) partnerships and manage cluster Logistics performance and act as an interface of the cluster business needs to the Logistics function
- Evaluate and incorporate the megatrends in Logistics that include automation, visibility, and digitalization into the SC Johnson (SCJ) Logistics operations
- Deliver the budget expectation by cost savings through sustainable continuous improvement, deployment of global network modeling tools, route to market optimization as well as external benchmarking and collaboration
- Manage the LSPs to meet budget and operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure all Regional Distribution Centers (RDCs) are operated in full compliance to all relevant SCJ and country legal standards regarding health and safety, environmental, dangerous goods management, transport, and import/export regulations
- Inventory management within the network and develop deep functional as well as sustainable capability in operations
- Partner with Customer Supply Chain to ensure the business priorities are delivered in Logistics Operations
- Provide analysis, insight, and predictive measures into Logistics performance and business impact
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in warehouse operations and LSP management
- Demonstrated people leadership experience and competency
- Experience in project management will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to portray the strong data and leverage to drive the continuous improvement
- Supply chain experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry will be an added advantage
- Permanent – full time job
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Sign up for Job Alerts.