Manager, Procurement (Packaging) – APACKuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job ID 24626 Apply
Job Title: Manager, Procurement (Packaging)
Location: Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
Reporting to Procurement Director, the Manager, Procurement will be accountable for the overall management of Paper & Printed Materials category for the APAC region across all Business Units in SC Johnson (SCJ). You will lead the process of regional supply market understanding, supplier search and selection, contracting and ongoing supplier relationship management with a significantly high level of technical and supply complexity. In this position, you will develop strategic partnerships with suppliers to assure supply continuity and deliver on cost and cash improvements, innovation, and sustainability goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage key supplier relationships across the region and develop a deep level of understanding of the regional supply base, as well as global suppliers who supply components or finished goods into the regional markets
- Develop and manage a regional Procurement strategy for Paper & Printed Materials in alignment with the global strategy, to deliver on cost & cash improvements, innovation, risk management, sustainability, and other value-added elements of supplier relationships
- Deliver the objectives of Cost Savings, Cash Improvement, Compliance, Sustainability, Innovation and Service in APAC as well as ensuring optimal customer service levels and protecting the organization through best-in-class supply agreements (contracts)
- Responsible for ensuring sustainability goals achievements in the Paper & Printed Materials Category are met
- Lead supplier selection and component pricing for innovation, support innovation projects through to commercialization and driving speed to achieve target cost, quality, and timing targets.
- Execute strategy through request for proposal (RFP) processes, negotiations, supplier evaluation and selection and contract negotiation/execution
- Deliver inflation forecasts and re-estimates used in the SCJ inflation and Corporate Planning budgeting process, report and update in timely manner Cost Savings and Cash improvement to continuously track status against targets
- Track commodities mitigate inflation and provide contractual pricing information to operations teams
- Deliver Monthly Cost Savings, Working Capital, and Sustainability updates to continuously track status against targets, develop Should Cost Models, Clean Sheet, total cost of ownership (TCO), Supply and Demand Analysis to drive regional strategy, supplier selections and DP margin improvement
- Leverage new technology for the regional spend where opportunity exists to enhance product performance and/or create additional flexibility
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related fields
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Procurement, Category Management, Finance or any related field
- Experience in procurement within Packaging (Paper and Printed Materials) is an added advantage
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry will be an added advantage
Benefits & Culture:
SC Johnson is committed to providing a Great Place to Work for all its employees. Along with a competitive base salary, here are just some of the benefits you receive when joining the SC Johnson Family -
- Ongoing training and development
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidized fitness sessions
- Shindig Committee that put on regular events, lunches, parties, fun days
- Family-owned company, with a family feel
- Be a member of a company championing a better world through sustainability and environmental protection measures
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Sign up for Job Alerts.