Technical Specialist, GraphicsMalaysia Job ID 11765 Apply
As a Technical Specialist, Graphics, you will create both cutter and print guide drawings to be used for the development of graphics process for all global regions.
This role is integral for globally standardizing robust drawings to ensure the packaging component is made by our supplier(s) to run efficiently on our production lines. You will be responsible for managing and standardizing the technical 2D drawings, manufacturing requirements guide layer and properly provide your output in a specified format as an input for the external agencies’ graphic development applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of new technical, 2D CAD drawings for multiple types of components and materials, such as corrugate box, paperboard cartons, film/ paper labels and pouches
- Receiving 2D drawings in various formats and putting them into a SC Johnson (SCJ) standardized format and template
- Receiving 3D drawings to overlay onto separate 2D component substrate to interpret graphics
- Develop the overall layout and production design for technical drawings including adding appropriate overlays for manufacturing equipment run ability and graphics application process
- Create graphics “Master Key” from master art and master text to facilitate local label adaption
- Demonstrate competence in all software applications relative to the process
- Working closely with functional member (i.e. Packaging Engineers) to properly access the objective being requested and clear understanding of creating drawings to meet the requirements
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in Packaging Engineering or related field
- Certificate and/or Associates Degree in CAD design preferred
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience
- Prior technical drawing experience in CAD, preferably ArtiosCAD
- Ability to create a 3D drawing in Solidworks preferred
- Ability to create basic label layouts in Adobe Illustrator using existing art and text components
- Demonstrated capability to read and understand dimensional drawings
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and attention to details
- Ability to learn new software/ systems, including ArtiosCAD, PLM (SAP module) and ADAM (data asset library system)
- Permanent – full time job
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com