Associate Manager, BPT Infrastructure & Ops (Cloud Engineer)
Makati City, PhilippinesCategory: Engineering, IT, Research and Development Job ID: 25736
Global Cloud engineer is responsible for cloud and on-prem infrastructure technology management and code. The Cloud Engineer includes configuration, documentation, optimization and building workflow processes, infrastructure components and other new technologies our business partners require us to implement or support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate loosely defined requirements into solutions
- Build, deploy, and administer infrastructure securely by means of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform and Cloud native solution
- Document and design new and existing processes
- Participate in incremental testing on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and generate quality code
- Leverage configuration management such as Ansible as well as Desired State Configuration with PowerShell
- Manage code and code deployments through SCM such as GIT
- Develop strategies to bring new applications into code deployment pipelines and automate them
- Collaborate closely with infrastructure teams (database, network, server/storage, client computing, platform management), functional teams, Global Information Management, security and Application Development Maintenance and Integrations on IAC design, system availability, and proactively identifying areas of improvement
- Lead and participate in technical improvement projects implementing new processes, technologies, and infrastructures using SCJ project management technologies
- Partner closely with the global security team on architectural design and security-related project implementations by keeping a critical eye on everything we do and implementing best practices.
- Act as System support (3+ Level) for critical escalation, manage actions required to handle critical outage situation
- Install and configure software as required
- Work with open-source technologies as needed
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computing/Engineering or work equivalent
- Minimum 6+ years working in Information Technology positions
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines tools, Azure DevOps (preferred)
- Experience in the prior job as Level 2 or Levell 3 is required
- Solid background in Cloud/DevOps Engineering
- Knowledgeable and expert in building automation
- Knowledge of network fundamentals is required
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, and storage
- Provisioning of enterprise infrastructure and application environments using Terraform, ARM templates, DSC, PowerShell, Azure automation, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as illustrated through previous work experience; ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A critical thinker who can investigate and recommend best practices
- Familiarity / Experience with Agile methodologies and practices
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of staff, management, and customers
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Backup and Storage knowledge preferred
- Kubernetes / Containerization
- Linux and Windows OS knowledge desired
- Strong Conceptual ITIL knowledge is required; certification is a plus
- Familiarity with open-source configuration management and Linux scripting
- VMWare / Nutanix / HyperV knowledge
- Experience working in a global organization with a distributed support model
- Hands-on experience in a multi-cloud environment (Azure preferred)
- Full-time employment
- Onsite work setup | remote work once a week is available upon regularization
- Dayshift schedules but may occasionally be required to work during US hours for meetings
Inclusion & Diversity
We’re a global business, with people from every culture, ethnicity, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and ability. We recognize the breadth of human experience, and we work to celebrate it. It is our goal to build a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment where all people can thrive.
We’re committed to ongoing efforts that help us attract, hire, and retain diverse talent who want to build a positive, inclusive environment. Read more about our ongoing initiatives at https://jobs.scjohnson.com/inclusion.
Not ready to apply? Sign up for Job Alerts.
Don't see what
you're looking for?
Click here to share your information with SCJ's Recruiters.