Cloud Systems EngineerMakati City, Philippines Job ID 1542 Apply
The role belongs to The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Server and Storage Hosting Department who owns the development, delivery, and support of Wintel, Linux, Unix, backup/recovery SAN/NAS, private and public cloud infrastructure services globally.
This person will be primarily focused and responsible for the Design, facilitation, automation and maintenance of the framework needed for the development, delivery and support of the entire infrastructure technology engineering landscape and offerings in our public and private clouds in compliance with our architectural blueprints, standards and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with other technology groups, business units, and outside vendors to support the global Server and Storage environment
- Supports application owners, hosting platforms and other IT groups in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to junior and global team members
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks to support Server, Storage, and Backup needs for our various infrastructure platforms (DB2, SQL, VMware, Windows, Linux, Network, & AIX) as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrades of the infrastructure
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management
- 3 years plus Windows and virtualization technology administration experience
- Knowledge of designing, developing or provisioning in public clouds like Azure
- Some Automation knowledge to support continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Basic understanding of the network layers and network infrastructures. Advanced time management and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 5 years plus Windows and virtualization technology administration experience.
- 3 years plus VMWare administration experience
- Experience designing and implementing hosting private and public cloud solutions
- Experienced Technical Project Manager / Team Leader/player.
- Knowledge with EMC management tools (EMC Navisphere, SMC, Control Center, Solutions Enabler, etc.)
- Experience with COMMVAULT data protection software (Simpana platform)
- Knowledge with Brocade management tools (CMDCE)
- Able to demonstrate a familiarity with migrations and replication methodologies
- Experience supporting advanced storage system software (Replication, RecoverPoint, snap/clone copies)
- Working knowledge of scripting tools (Perl, UNIX shell, etc.)
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP, Gigabit Ethernet) and storage (SAN, RAID levels, fiber-channel).
- Understanding of ITIL
- Full-Time, Mondays-Fridays 8:00AM-5:00PM, overtime and late-night calls are expected, On-Call 24/7
- Able to travel up to 20%.