Senior Associate, Customer MarketingMidrand, South Africa Job ID 17651 Apply
Support specific Customer Marketing strategies, and is responsible for the management and delivery of priorities for the assigned Category in the Cluster. To Partner with Marketing and Sales in the timely execution of Category specific Global driven commercialization and Base/Expand initiatives. Assisting the Cluster Customer Marketing Manager in selecting and prioritizing customer marketing initiatives to be deployed within the Cluster Lead and across cluster markets for the assigned category, based on local knowledge, and monitor consistency of local execution. Support and drive efficiencies through scale and harmonization of materials across the cluster.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Pledge®,Duck®, Mr. Muscle®,Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New Product Development and Category specific projects
- Ensure Trade Bundles developed by the Global Customer Marketing (GCM) team for the assigned Category are appropriately adopted/adapted by the Cluster, and implementation plans are prioritized, resources fairly and optimally allocated, and implementation monitored
- Ensures that the executional requirements of the customers are clearly articulated and actioned by GCM and Commercialization teams
- Supports the Cluster CM Manager in identifying opportunities and timely execution of plans to provide scale and efficiency benefits to the Cluster and Category by eliminating duplication of work
- Executes Special Pack plans consistent with agreed guidelines and principles
- Together with Marketing, review and help optimize SKU assortment for the Category, aligned with HQ/Product Supply/Marketing & Commercialization directions, and deliver SKU objectives
- Ensure excellence in sales execution at POS
Channel and Customer Support
- As needed, provide Category support to the Sales Team in the development and presentation of Joint Business Plan with major Global/Regional customers; and also in the development of Category Vision presentation
- Provide Category Management support, and ensure all distribution and display initiatives are executed properly and in a timely manner
- Propose and conduct Category specific shopper studies for the Cluster, and cascade study synopsis, learnings, implications and action plans to address opportunities
- Execute shopper initiatives which are in line with brand objectives
- Drive the execution of the focused and synchronized trade and shopper activities (i.e. FOCO)
- Supports Cluster CM Manager in the selection of Category projects, initiatives, prioritization and allocation of resources (promotions, mix component of trade spend, etc.)
- Together with Sales, co-manages the Category allocated trade spend, and ensures the establishment and conduct of appropriate controls to manage resources, and leads course correction for the Equity-Building component of trade spending to stay within budget
- Provide information and analysis that will make stronger the demand management process of the assigned Category
- Collaborate with Finance, M&C in the development of price increase recommendation, that will be presented to the Cluster M&C Leadership, in line with DPM and Pricing Strategy
- Develops appropriate tracking process for the Category, and scorecards to monitor distribution performance, competitive activities, trade sales and inventory
- Supports Sales in developing action plans based on Advantage Survey results, and monitors execution
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Should have multi-functional experience in Customer Marketing, and either in Sales and/or Marketing, in a Household Care Company
- 3 years FMCG experience and At least 1 years in either a Sales or Customer Marketing role
- Knowledge of the Category, pertinent Key Customers, and key Competitive set Good track record of delivering objectives consistently Min BCom Marketing
- Clear understanding of the different channel Go-To-Market principles/strategies, structures -Retail, Wholesale, Distributor, and Club.
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Office and be able to pull and analyze syndicated data (eg. ACNielsen)
- Strategic mind set, understands the strategic & tactical nature of the business.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.