Associate Processing EngineerMijdrecht, Netherlands Job ID 10826 Apply
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for Processing Engineers who have desire to develop their capability with a diverse range of product forms. Processing engineer will be responsible for executing medium/high complex commercialization projects to drive profitable growth in Europe. Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region. The regional RD&E team work with multiple product categories as Air Care, Home Cleaning, Pest Control and Shoe Care on broad catalogue of liquids, emulsions, aerosols, creams, powders and more.
You will find yourself working in a hugely supportive and collaborative team with great motivation to develop skills, knowledge, and innovations. The team is very driven, managing or delivering on a number of processing development projects simultaneously. They have a lot of fun doing it too.
- Lead formula development and qualification using our end to end innovation process
- Provide early input about regional capabilities to support an efficient end to end innovation process
- Implementation and development support of process, storage, filling and cleaning instructions
- Evaluates and approve raw materials (including also 2nd sources) localizing the core RD&E requirements to local/regional needs
- Production of the required products and samples for Marketing/Trade and compatibility testing
- Evaluation on new contractors' ability to produce SCJ formula up to SCJ standards
- Identify and work on cost saving opportunities
- Ensure that raw materials/formulations are conformed with local legislations/directives and SCJ corporate standards including Product Safety Regulatory Environmental requirements (PSRE)
- Qualify developed methods/instructions in Manufacturing by attending the execution of required trials and support Manufacturing in Production Line Qualifications (PLQ)
- Support emergency supply issues for SCJ manufacturing sites (8 EMEA) and/or contractors (60+plus) when RD&E resources are required
DESIRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE:
- At least a Bachelor degree in engineering or science - Industrial Design, Packaging, Materials
- 3 to 5 years’ job experience as processing engineer, formulator or similar
- Ability to participate in multiple running projects and deliver packaging related tasks
- Exhibits excellent organizational, communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate new ideas and approaches to audiences ranging from local / regional management to key stakeholders
- Decision maker for problems up to a medium/high grade of complexity without supervision
- Ability to handle and manage projects up to medium - high complexity without supervision
- Shows Integrity and Reliability, personal ownership and team player
- High proficiency in English, both written and oral
- International experience and exposure a plus
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.