Key Account ManagerMijdrecht, Netherlands Job ID 10853 Apply
Reporting to the Country manager Benelux, you’ll be responsible for the total P&L management of one of a major key account within the Netherlands. This also includes the growth of sales, sales analysis, presentation of products and trade term negotiation.
You’ll have previously worked in an FMCG company either independently managing large retailers or you will have managed relationships with smaller retailers and will now be ready to take the next step in your career.
- Independently handle customers: manage, direct and control the sales revenue of key accounts such as Superunie HQ and its members by developing and maintaining sales strategies, objectives, policies and procedures in order to drive the account revenue and profitability
- Contribute and agree to the customers objective setting and the preparation of the annual sales plan by providing Trade Marketing and management with information and professional advice
- Contribute to Sales and Operation Plans (S&OP) by diligent sales forecasts. The Key Account Manager is responsible for the production of accurate and timely input with respect to his/her client portfolio.
- Manage full customer P&L and controls operating expense budgets (trade budget) to achieve objectives and manage a cost-effective operation
- Achieve sales and distribution targets within customer group
Manage and implement the customer strategy (promotion, distribution, price and communication)
To succeed in this role, you need to be a tenacious sales professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is looking for a challenge.
Further key requirements include:
- Degree level education or equivalent, emphasis on Sales & Marketing
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and oral
- Commercial background within corporate multi-national FMCG environment in Sales and Marketing functions with solid Account Management experience
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the NL retail
- Strong communication and proven negotiation skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to drive for results with high degree of initiative, speed and sense of urgency
- Next to strong analytical and operational skills having the ability to apply new concepts to daily activity
- Strong communicator and team worker, able to build relationships at all levels and across function in a competitive environment
- Ability to successfully position and function within a small team
- Willingness to build an international career would be an advantage
We offer a competitive package, depending on knowledge and experience, sales bonus and company car. In addition to the package, this is a great opportunity where there will be excellent opportunity for career development and international career progression.