Associate Manager, Category & Shopper Leadership - TargetMinneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 13365 Apply
In this role, you will lead the Category & Shopper Leadership team in Shopper Insights supporting Target’s category management process. You will focus heavily on the Shopper, learning about their attitudes and behaviors through a variety of tools and research methods.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides category & retailer specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of sources
- Analyzes data from sources such as syndicated scan and panel data, retailer point-of-sale data, and space planning software
- Supports Target in their sustainability strategy with go-to-market strategies that incorporate shopper insights and market trends
- Works with the internal Shopper Insights team, Category Managers, and Target Merchants to develop category learning plans
- Supports the Sales Team with help on using available tools to provide shopper insights
- Analyzes data from sources such as syndicated scan and panel data, retailer POS, and space planning software
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant business experience OR advanced degree and a minimum of 3+ years of relevant business experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Knowledge and application of basic financial measures and business math
- Knowledge and understanding of the category management process
- Ability to develop fact-based business plans and to provide strategic input
- Ability to develop, deliver and execute an objective fact-based presentation through storytelling
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding of syndicated scan and panel data
- Understanding and familiarity of retailer point of sale data
- Ability to develop internal and external relationships
- Willingness to travel to meet customer and business needs
- Capability to discover new tools and learn quickly how to use them with customers
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high-performance team
- Ability to bring a story out of large amounts of data that is impactful to the retailer
- Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities
- Up to 25% travel is the max expectation
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.