Associate Manager, Sales Account Management – TargetMinneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 16953 Apply
The Associate Manager, Sales Account Management – Target Air Care is in the SCJ North America Sales team. The position reports to the Director, Sales Target Air Care. This position is responsible for developing the SCJ business at assigned accounts through clear customer focus, effective business planning using an analytical approach to understand opportunities, strengths and objectives of account. Position objectives include gaining and maintaining distribution, securing effective shelf position, and selling promotions for the assigned brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for achieving sales quota, distribution, and pricing objectives for assigned accounts. Execute tactical plans:
- Develop, present, sell and implement product sales plans, deals, and promotions at the headquarter level of assigned accounts within the market to meet corporate sales and merchandising objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with retail operations to identify and deliver sales objectives in the accounts.
- Understand syndicated data to access category and brand trends to identify opportunities for sales and profit growth. Create effective solutions.
- Provide strategic input for account expectations and actions to grow the category including applicable promotions and special packs.
- Account forecasting and promotional plan development including entering information into PlanIt (sales tracking and product demand management system).
- Revenue Responsibility: $10-20 M
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience or advanced degree and 3+ years relevant experience or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 2- 4 years of previous successful Account Business Manager experience.
- Ability to analyze business to identify opportunities.
- Previous experience as Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Customer Insights Manager or CATS.
- Computer proficiency on all Sales computer programs.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Solid communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands.
- Responsible for executing brand priorities.
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to bring together actionable conclusions from multiple data sources
- Makes some account decisions with the position’s sphere of influence.
- Full -Time
- No more than 20% travel, mostly internal sales meetings
- Role is located in SCJ Target/Minneapolis Sales Office
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.