Director, Sales Account ManagementMinneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 18859 Apply
The Sales Director is responsible for driving profitable growth. They must lead the development of short- and longer-term plans to grow the business. They must thoroughly understand the customer’s strategy and executional considerations and partner effectively with cross-functional groups at SCJ (e.g., brand groups, supply chain team) to develop winning solutions for the customer and for SCJ. They must effectively lead, motivate, and develop their direct reports as well as cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
BUILD STRATEGIC CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives.
- Develop approaches for the customers that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market trends.
- Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value to customers.
- Penetrate accounts by developing relationships across multiple levels of the organization, including top levels.
PROVIDE STRATEGY AND DIRECTION
- Stay abreast of industry trends to identify the long-term, future needs and opportunities for the business.
- Identify new business opportunities that have significant revenue and profit potential.
- Integrate and balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long range business plans.
- Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities and to counter competitive threats.
CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources.
- Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions.
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- Seek to strategically align SC Johnson strategies with the account’s strategic priorities.
- Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for S C Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and taking action.
- Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and S C Johnson’s perspective.
- Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue, and risk.
- Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions.
- Provide honest, helpful feedback to direct reports on their performance.
- Help direct reports identify and prioritize their development objectives.
- Provide useful and real time coaching.
- Ensure that your direct reports’ development objectives are completed, tracking progress on development plans focusing on both their strengths and opportunity areas.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10+ years of relevant business experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- People management experience
- Advanced Degree
- Previous experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods industry
- Proficient and thorough knowledge of all business software
- Previous account management experience with different classes of trade
- Previous corporate account management experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful penetration and profitable growth of major accounts
- Travel once every 8 weeks for meetings.
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.