Associate Manager, Category and Shopper LeadershipMinneapolis, Minnesota Job ID 11661 Apply
This position is responsible for the category advisor and/or captain role and collaborates with the retailer in development and implementation of plans that supports the retailer’s performance objectives.
Please note: This is a rotational position and the candidate will be required to transfer to another assignment after 2-3 yrs. The next assignment may require relocation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides retailer-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources.
• Mines and analyzes data from sources such as the following: syndicated scanner/panel, retailer POS, and space planning.
• Completes category analyses on assortment, retail pricing, and trade promotions.
• Completes retailer category reviews utilizing category analysis, shopper insights and analytic tools.
• Utilizes category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations.
• Develops plan-o-grams using plan-o-gram software.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a bachelors degree OR a minimum of 3 years of experience with an Advanced Degree required; this experience should include 3 years of experience in a retailer-facing role with at least one year of this experience in category management, category/sales analytics or shopper insights.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Advanced skills in AOD/IRI, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and space management software (JDA Space Planning and/or Apollo.)
• Advanced skills in pulling, manipulating and analyzing syndicated point of sale and shopper panel data (Nielsen and/or IRI.)
• Accurately analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to uncover observations, insights and key learning’s. Ability to develop retailer-specific strategic and tactical recommendations and solutions.
• Previous experience analyzing retailer-supplied point-of-sale data and retailer loyalty card data
• Previous experience using data warehouse tools.
• Excellent working knowledge of category management principles and practices.
• Ability to develop and execute an objective fact-based presentation.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high performance team.
• Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.