Director, Category and Shopper Leadership - Target (Team Lead)Minneapolis, Minnesota Job ID 11265 Apply
The Director of Category Leadership, Target Team is part of the Sales organization and reports to the Sr. Director of Category and Shopper Leadership. Category Leadership is responsible for driving influence at the retailer -via providing fact based strategic insights on our Categories and Center Store, to drive growth for categories, customers, and SCJ.
Utilizing shopper insights, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, merchandising and Target guest’s shopper Insights. This role leads a team of 6 Managers & Associate Managers for the Target team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads SCJ’s Target team Category management team. Is the liaison between the Target category management team, the Category Center of Excellence and Shoppers Insights Team —communicating category growth strategies, new product selling stories, merchandising/adjacency recommendations, and assortment priorities.
- Identifying and presenting relevant Target’s guest insights and trends out to Target Buyers, Sr Buyers & Leadership.
- Responsible for sharing best practices not only within the Target team but also across all classes of trade.
- Plays an active role in customer presentations and influencing Target based on a deep understanding of the consumer and the retailer’s goals.
- Influences Target’s Annual Business Planning, through full partnering with sales team, by providing actionable category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives for Target, company and category
- Works closely with Target’s SCJ Sales leadership providing insights and helping drive SCJ thought leadership, including but not limited to JBP, Growth Summit Sessions, etc.
- Influence Annual IGP partnering with sales team providing category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives and will help grow SCJ brands and share of Category.
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new shopper ideas to customer and company; incorporate in all category solutions for assigned major customer(s).
- Manage a team of 6 Managers and Associate Managers.
- As part of the SCJ Category & Shopper Leadership team, helps create and drive the roadmap for enhancing, team talent plan, capability building, individual development plans etc.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelors degree and minimum of 10+ years relevant experience required. Advanced Degree preferred.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 7+ years of category management experience, preferably with a CPG manufacturer and/or syndicated data supplier.
- Strong analytical background and understanding of Category Management and Shopper Insights to drive category and SCJ growth. Comprehensive knowledge of retailers and merchants across multiple classes-of-trade.
- Strategic selling skills and a background with influencing buyers and Senior Leadership at major customers. Ability to connect multiple data sources to tell a story.
- Strong background in quantitative analysis; experience working with Nielsen and/or IRI information in both a retailer and manufacturer context.
- Proven experience in building strong teams and developing individual talent.
- Good communication skills, ability to influence internal and external customers and to produce impact on the business.
- Advanced skills in syndicated data tools, Microsoft Office Suite and space management software tools; previous experience analyzing retailer-supplied point-of-sale data and retailer loyalty card data, assortment analysis tools, and shelving & store analytics.
- Up to 20% travel
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request toSCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.