Senior Associate, Sales Analysis, Category & Shopper Leadership - TargetMinneapolis, Minnesota Job ID 12906 Apply
This position assists Category & Shopper Leadership Managers and Associate Managers in supporting Target’s category management process. This role focuses on the Shopper, learning about their attitudes and behaviors through a variety of tools and research methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides retailer-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources.
- Analyzes data from sources such as syndicated scan and panel data, retailer point-of-sale data, and space planning software.
- Provides category analyses, insights and recommendations for assortment, retail pricing, and promotions.
- Utilizes category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations.
- Develops plan-o-grams using space management software.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge and application of basic financial measures and business math.
- Knowledge and understanding of the category management process.
- Ability to develop fact-based business plans and to provide strategic input.
- Ability to develop, deliver and execute an objective fact-based presentation.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Understanding of syndicated scan and panel data.
- Understanding and familiarity of retailer point of sale data.
- Ability to develop internal and external relationships.
- Willingness to travel to meet customer and business needs.
- Capability to discover new tools and learn quickly how to use them with customers
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high-performance team.
- Ability to bring a story out of large amounts of data that is impactful to the retailer.
- Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities.
- Up to 25% travel
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.