Director, Sales Account Management - ValueNashville, Tennessee Job ID 11187 Apply
Located in Nashville, the Sales Director is responsible for driving profitable growth on the SC Johnson business at Dollar General, Family Dollar and Lidl across all categories. They must lead the development of short and longer term plans to grow the business. They must thoroughly understand the customer’s strategy and executional considerations and partner effectively with cross-functional groups at SCJ (e.g. brand groups, supply chain team) to develop winning solutions for the customer and for SCJ. They must effectively lead, motivate, and develop their direct reports as well as cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.BUILD STRONG RELATIONSHIPS
• Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives.
• Develop approaches that align with customer strategies and position the business to capitalize on emerging consumer and market trends.
• Work with Sales Account Managers to penetrate accounts in the buying, retail and operational functions by developing relationships across multiple levels of the organization, including top levels.
• Effectively influence within SCJ and at the customer.
2. DEVELOP STRATEGY AND DIRECTION FOR THE BUSINESS
• Stay abreast of industry trends to identify the long-term, future needs and opportunities for the business.
• Identify new business opportunities that have significant revenue and profit potential.
• Integrate and balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
• Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long range business plans.
• Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities and to counter competitive threats.
3. DEMONSTRATE COURAGE, CONFIDENCE, AND ADAPTABILITY
• Convey a strong sense of urgency and drive to closure.
• Take immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.
• Take decisive action in high-stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainty.
• Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to constraints and adversity.
• Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities.
4. CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
• Generate innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources.
• Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value.
• Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions.
• Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
5. FINANCIAL ACUMEN
• Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for SC Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and taking action.
• Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and SC Johnson’s perspective.
• Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
• Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions.
6. DEVELOP OTHERS
• Provide honest, helpful feedback to direct reports on their performance.
• Help direct reports identify and prioritize their development objectives.
• Provide useful and real time coaching.
• Develop people through training and direct organizational and team development initiatives. Maintain excellent high-performing teams and be proactive in addressing performance issues.
• Demonstrate ability to manage third party resources.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of Sales or related experience required
• Consumer Packaged Goods industry required
• Previous experience with Dollar General is highly desired
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Proficient and thorough knowledge of all business software.
• Previous account management experience with different classes of trade.
• Previous corporate account management experience.
• Demonstrated track record of successful penetration and profitable growth of major accounts.
• People management experience.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.