Manager, Sales Account ManagementNebraska Job ID 18136 Apply
This Manager, Sales Account Management is responsible for leading a broker sales organization selling SC Johnson global brands to multiple accounts driving $30MM in sales. The accounts include retailers and wholesalers and are located throughout the United States. The candidate for this position must demonstrate an understanding of SCJ categories and be able to drive growth through distribution, merchandising, promotion, pricing, and supply chain strategies. Leading others will be a critical skill requirement to achieve objectives through the third-party broker sales team.
This is a developmental assignment for 2-3 years. The individual assuming this position will need to rotate to another assignment which may require relocation.
This position is remote, but prefer candidates to be located in the Midwest U.S. region to be closer to customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all activities of assigned accounts to achieve financial objectives (net sales and gross-to-net).
- Build strong customer relationships resulting in partnerships that drive sales, market share and profit. This includes supporting joint business plans and FMI (Food Marketing Institute) top-to-top conferences.
- Lead all SCJ broker personnel to achieve goals. Ensure quality talent is available and leverage processes, tools and the broader SCJ team to execute with customers.
- Develop fiscal year strategies for growth through the IGP (Integrated Growth Planning) process for each customer. Analyze business opportunities and risks, develop business plans and forecasts, and execute with accounts.
- Closely manage trade funds to maximize ROI and deliver results within budget.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant business experience.
- Willingness to travel to meet customer needs.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Sales or Marketing Commercialization experience at a CPG company.
- Proficiency in forecast planning tools and computer skills.
- Financial acumen, understanding the key levers of the P&L.
- Previous experience providing strategy and direction to customers and/or employees.
- Demonstrate effective (internal or external) people management skills.
- Ability to motivate cross functional groups to common goals.
- Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands.
- Access to major city airport and willingness to travel (25 - 30% travel)
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.