Associate Manager, Category & Shopper Leadership - Family Dollar (Mid Atlantic Region)Norfolk, Virginia Job ID 15080 Apply
The Associate Manager, Category & Shopper Leadership – Family Dollar role is expected to provide fact and insight- based solutions that drive growth for category, customer, and company. Utilizing shopper insights, opportunity identification and full understanding of shopper needs, products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising, this role is a category advisor role of multiple businesses to the Family Dollar Customer. This role will work closely with internal (SCJ FD Sales, C&SL COE & SI team, Brand, Customer Marketing) and external partners (Family Dollar Buyers, Merch team, etc).
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a field based/work from home position. Ideal candidate will be within a 3 hour driving distance to Chesapeake, VA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and plan category leadership initiatives that deliver profitable sales growth for Family Dollar and SCJ. These solutions should include shopper and category insights across: products/assortment (everyday/ new products/ promoted/ seasonal), placement and everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing (everyday, seasonal, and promotional), promotions and seasonal merchandising.
- Influence Family Dollar and SCJ by identifying specific opportunities, assist with any research and lead project to deliver category and shopper leadership solutions.
- Leads the Family Dollar category review process through full partnership with Family Dollar advisor team, by providing actionable category and shopper insights that support category leadership objectives for retailer.
- Execute agreed category leadership initiatives with Family Dollar to include success measures and detailed follow through.
- Evaluate/ monitor all customer category leadership initiatives, turning analyses into actions, continually improving effectiveness and efficiencies with Family Dollar.
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring thought leadership to all internal and external customers.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of relevant business experience OR an advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant business experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience in Category Management or Sales strongly suggested
- 1 year of business analytics experience
- Experience working with syndicated data software IRI/Nielsen and JDA and advanced analytics around promotional / non-promotional and pricing strategy
- Mobility preferred for career growth
- Background in CPG and/or retail
- Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Field / home based
- 10% travel
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, fitness discounts, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.