Associate Manager, Engineering Generalist (Global Engineering Project Management)Pilar, Argentina Job ID 16421 Apply
As Associate Manager, Engineering Generalist (Global Engineering Project Management) at SC Johnson, you will provide project management coordinating the assigned projects to deliver the expected outcome of each of them. You will need to demonstrate business acumen to better handle the projects resources, finding the best solutions and possible options to deliver the expected results. You will need to handle end to end project management in terms of engineering disciplines and collaborate with cross functional areas to identify best engineering solutions for business needs. You will be the engineering focal point with project management and technical team and requires strong personal initiative and gain alignment to drive to successful results.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
- Lead and manage multiple capital projects and programs simultaneously collaborating with sites and subject matter experts in execution.
- Successfully manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices, identifying and collaborating with cross functional team on process improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate Engineering related on site contractors.
- Assure resources (materials, equipment, contractors, line availability and internal staff) to perform installations and required trials.
- Drives MOC process (management of changes) of assigned projects.
- Lead bidding process as of the project requirement.
- Identifies potential cost savings initiatives and lead process to implement them.
- Propose technical upgrades and improvements.
- Develop and manage detailed engineering project timeline and risk identification / mitigation plans to achieve project objectives.
- Analyze and identify possible options when process or principles deviations may occur and initiates trade-off and escalation discussions. Track project progress against milestones, issue status reports and escalate issues as necessary to Engineering Leadership.
- Establishes rapport with stakeholder groups and identifies stakeholder expectations and assures that these are not in conflict with project outcomes.
- Supports Plant ad-hoc projects and assignments and helps solving technical issues (Safety, Quality and productivity).
- Contribute in the achievement of Pilar Plant KPI
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Advanced English Level.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Industries, developing equipment solutions and production
- Project Management
- Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and within budget, preferably in manufacturing, and/or purchasing / planning
- Success in new product launches, contract manufacturing and financial analysis
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
- Problem Solving - Identifying and solution to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives. Inspires and motivates collaboration and teamwork to perform effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals. Strong understanding of Total Cost of Ownership and how trade off decisions impact delivered cost.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to identify, recommend and influencing objectives, and developing a course of action to deliver objective results.
- Prior experience leading projects is desirable.
- Manufacturing experience is desirable