Safety, Health and Environmental Manager (LATAM)Pilar, Argentina Job ID 13991 Apply
As a SHE Manager (LATAM) at SC Johnson, you will lead deployment of SC Johnson’s Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management practices within the Latin America region to ensure compliance with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards. You are experienced in seeing the big picture to align SC Johnson’s overall safety, health and environmental strategies with site-level targets and objectives.
You will ensure that plant teams know the right things to be working on (or not working on) based on this alignment. You will be part of a matrix organization and will have frequent interaction with global and regional supply chain leaders to review progress on established objectives and review opportunities for continued success.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strengthen the safety culture by collaborating with regional stakeholders to transform management-led safety processes into management supported, employee-led safety processes.
- Supervise site SHE professionals within the assigned region and provides training and mentoring to strengthen competencies associated with SHE functional skills – including safety, industrial hygiene, environmental management and fire protection – and SCJ leadership success drivers.
- Review all internal and external SHE compliance-related findings for the region and ensures that corrective actions addressing the underlying causes of the finding are defined, tracked to completion via the company’s SHE database, and verified as effectively closed.
- Manage deployment of SHE compliance assurance processes for the region, such as compliance calendars and preventive maintenance schedules, to achieve and maintain compliance with applicable laws, permit authorizations and company standards.
- Collaborate with site managers to create annual, site-specific targets and objectives to measurably reduce exposure to the to the site’s most significant safety and health risks and environmental impacts.
- Provide technical support – such as process hazard analyses, machine safeguarding assessments and ergonomic evaluations – to assigned sites to ensure compliance with regulatory and company standards.
- Lead the post incident review and communication of significant safety, health and environmental incidents and ensures that corrective and preventive actions that address the root causes are effectively deployed across the region.
- Verify the accuracy of data in the company’s SHE database and analyzes the data to identify sub-standard performance and loss trends to address the underlying factors that contribute to injuries and illnesses, adverse environmental impacts and SHE process non-conformances.
- Maintain awareness of proposed governmental or non-governmental organization SHE requirements and provides early input to other Company functions of impending requirements in such a way that necessary changes are planned accordingly
REQUIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- 7-10 years of progressively increasing SHE leadership responsibility in a global manufacturing organization.
- Experience managing activities associated with OSHA’s (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) process safety management standard, the European Seveso Directive or equivalent country-specific requirements intended to prevent the uncontrolled release of hazardous substances.
PREFERRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Advanced degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Fire Protection, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or country equivalent preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders.
- Project management experience to enable prioritization and management of multiple projects to completion.
- Knowledge of current safety and health technologies and processes such as ergonomics risk assessments, industrial hygiene exposure assessments, electrical arc flash hazard analyses and machine safety design principles.