Analyst - Internal AuditPolanco, Mexico Job ID 16400 Apply
The Senior Accounting Analyst based in Mexico, is a key partner to senior management and functional leaders for Mexico and Costa Rica, and, is member of Finance Controlling team in the Northern Cluster. The Senior Acc Analyst will be the accountable position for internal and external controls the following topics: EY Audits, Internal Controls (SOX), Corporate Internal Audit, and related.
This role will imply extreme confidentiality and strong communication with EY Auditors, Finance Managers, Finance Director, and ah doc Functional Senior Management.
The Senior Accounting Analyst, is an strategic thought partner and approaches work with an internal control, data-driven and, analytical mindset.
Permanent communication with Finance Controller based in Mexico, anticipating any potential contingency, ensuring the compliance with policies and internal control processes. Main decisions are centrally taken in Mexico (Cluster Lead) but this position has a specific empowerment delegated to take decisions, meet with EY Auditors, coordinate all company audits, lead projects related with internal control and has sufficient background and knowledge to suggest improvements to the Management in benefit to the Cluster.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess Internal Controls compliance (SOX, Internal Audit and other aleatory Self-Assessments)
- Communicate audit results to Finance Senior Management and suggest improvements which can potentially cover from processes till financial sustainable recommendations
- Main channel of communication of External audits
- Plan, prepare, coordinate EY External Audits which will enable the Statutory Financial Statements issuance under local legislation
- Watch for Local Standards compliance - NIFs standards (Normas de Informacion Financiera)
- Masters internal control analysis, statistics, reporting and self-assessment implementation
- Member of the Regional Internal Control Committee as an active voice to share best practices and learn from LATAM Countries. This forum is sponsored by the BA SSC and LATAM Finance Controllers
- Organizational and Local Policies adherence, in order to keep the business integrity and the quality assurance of financial results.
- Business Partner of Senior Management in the decision-making process, related to Internal control Practices
- Monitor Key Internal Control Indicators and communicated to Finance Manager/Director
- Influence/share finance knowledge throughout the company and new team members about policies and controls. Build strong partnership with different areas and styles, ready to listen the business and adapt providing guidance of the non-negotiables
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Accounting knowledge with demonstrated strong analytical abilities
- Direct exposure to Internal/External audits
- Ability to build influential partnerships throughout the organization by demonstrating an understanding of finance fundamentals, internal controls and corporate policies
- Embraces change and views challenges as business opportunities
- Relates openly and builds productive relationships with a wide variety of people regardless of position of background
- Coordinates people and provides guidance to achieve internal control expectations
- Adapt at flexible and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated success working in a global, complex organization across functions, regions, cultures, and levels
- Able to appropriately push back and challenge the status quo
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software and SAP
- Able and willing to occasionally travel to the Cluster
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting/Finance/Economy or related degree
- 2+ years of related Finance experience
- Fluent English speaker
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Exposure and experience with manufacturing processes
- Operational Excellence (Lean) methodology