Accounts Payable Manager, Invoice Processing TeamRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12339 Apply
This purpose of this Accounts Payable Manager - Invoice Processing team is to manage and lead the North America (NA) Accounts Payable (AP) Invoice Processing team and function. This position is responsible for overall day to day operations of this high-volume invoice processing team to ensure compliance to local and/or global policies, procedures and internal controls. Additionally, this position is responsible for operational improvement and enhancement leadership that will drive efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the NA AP Invoice Processing team
- Supervise a team of 7 – 10 including non-exempt AP Specialists and contractors (full and part time)
- Supervise the PMP and career development process for the NA AP Invoice Processing team ensuring specific and measurable MBO’s are developed and achieved
- Manage the day to day operations and resources to ensure timely processing of supplier invoices and credit memos, including daily approval of invoice posting in SAP.
- Coordinate AP month end, fiscal year end, and calendar year end activities and communication
- Prepare and analyze NA AP reports associated with, but not limited to, aged accounts payables, top 30 vendors, cash discounts, vendor terms, etc.
- Prepare balance sheet general ledger account reconciliations as assigned and according to policies and controls
- Track, monitor and manage the efficiency metrics for the team and on an individual basis
- Works collaboratively with internal cross functional teams and/or external AP Suppliers to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Prepare audit schedules, other reports or analysis as needed
- Identify and manage the development / implementation of new or changes to existing processes using LEAN / OPEX resources to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Maintain the integrity of the technical systems used by NA AP team (i.e. SAP AP, Filenet, Invoice Exception, etc), determine next steps when technical issues arise, and drive resolution
- Coordinate testing and implementations of new or modifications to existing AP system, including integrations of new business activity
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 7+ years of Accounts Payable work experience
- 3+ years of management experience of large team (5+ individuals)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Demonstrated system skills in SAP
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to details
- Project management experience and presentation skills
- Strong IT/Computer literate skills including Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Adaptive strategic thinking skills (i.e. high-level thinking when appropriate vs. detailed orientated)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and English fluency
- Strong customer service skills
- Lean mindset and demonstrated experience of process improvements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work with deadlines
- Flexible and can operate efficiently under continuous change and ambiguity
- Understanding of cash flow concept as it pertains to Accounts Payable
- Possess strong initiative and proactive in anticipating problem which may occur
- Previous experience of delivering training and coaching
- Full Time
- Limited travel domestically or globally may occur
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.