Analyst, Logistics TransportationRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15672 Apply
The Freight Payment Analyst will support the payment of all supplier invoices associated with the physical movement, handling and storage of SC Johnson materials and products, wherever SCJ is responsible for these charges.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in identifying operational trends and making data driven recommendations to deliver against core goals for Service, Cost, Cash. Additionally, this role will be viewed as a key support staff member to help drive day to day execution. The candidate should have experience in summarizing and interpreting data as well as providing recommendations back to the finance and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inbound, replenishment and customer freight to include all modes such as ocean, air, truckload, intermodal, LTL, and parcel
- Reverse Logistic charges associated with product, pallet, and dunnage returns
- Warehouse spotting and short haul shuttling services
- Trailer rental and storage
- Warehouse shipping and receiving, storage and handling, picking/packing/kitting
- Material handling equipment rentals, leases, and maintenance programs
- Warehouse rent and utilities
- Supplies, such as pallets, air bags and dunnage
- Contract and professional services
- Logistics applications and systems
- Resolve payment issues and open A/R balances with SC Johnson suppliers
- Improve percentage of “no touch” transactions by working with suppliers to ensure accurate billing information is properly communicated via EDI
- Conduct root cause analysis, as required, to diagnose and remedy all freight payment process issues
- Assist with timely investigation and resolution of all billing exceptions and ensure strict adherence to SC Johnson payment terms
- Enforce all applicable SC Johnson policies and procedures pertaining to SOX/GIA compliance
- Support period-end close activities, to include, monitoring of open/missing invoices and posting of accruals
- Assist, as required, with transportation budgeting process
- Support supplier claims program from filing through resolution and receivables of claim payment
- Maintain all process documentation associated with invoice settlement
- Maintain weekly, monthly, and quarterly payment reports that monitor spend by mode, carrier and direction of freight
- Publish settlement KPIs and analytical reports
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- University/Bachelor’s Degree required and 2 years of experience in supply chain (internships included) or an advanced degree and one year of experience in supply chain or 4 years additional relevant experience or military experience considered in lieu of education requirement
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong analytic skills: the ability to powerfully portray data and leverage to drive continuous improvement
- Self-starter who can drive results given ambiguity and minimal direction and oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across the organization
- The ability to build business partnerships and external collaboration opportunities wherever possible
- Knowledge of benchmarking and implementation of industry standards and best practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to organize and prioritize the issues and activities necessary to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Results oriented and able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Supply chain experience in other disciplines such as Logistics, Inventory Management, Customer Service,
- Software experience: Microsoft Office, SAP/BW, TMS (Kewill/BluJay), IBM/Sterling
- Full Time
- Travel less than 5% of the time
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.