Associate Brand Manager - DisruptionRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14451 Apply
As the Associate Brand Manager - Disruption, you will be responsible for accelerating growth (sales/share/profit) through the development of organic brands. This position is in SCJ's Global Marketing team.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an Associate Brand Manager, Disruptive Brand Incubator, the primary focus will be on leading projects associated with the development of new brands in the Pest Control, Home Cleaning and Air Care categories
- Provide analytical support and input into strategy development, packaging, and advertising briefs. Support product packaging changes and communication tactics in non-TV channels.
- Understand consumer and shopper insights that drive business priorities. Execute analyses and make conclusions/recommendations to support business priorities.
- Understand fundamentals around managing the business P&L
- Build an understanding of SCJ’s customers (including eCommerce, and new customers) and their relative importance to each division, and apply this understanding to our distribution strategies
- Assess new models and platforms for building new brands (e.g., speedy consumer feedback), communicating with consumers (e.g., influencer platform), and selling to consumers (e.g., Direct to Consumer)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related subject and 5+ years of relevant work experience OR an advanced degree in Marketing or related subject and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Advanced Degree
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, challenge conventional wisdom, approach work with confidence and curiosity and prioritize action over precision
- Excellent ability to work with cross functional teams – to influence them, push them, encourage them, listen to them, celebrate them, trust them, and unleash them to do what they do best. Teams typically include RD&E, CIBA, Design, Legal, GSARA, Product Supply.
- Passionate and opinionated – has a well-formed point of view on everything from the best candy bar to the next big trend in home cleaning
- Insatiable curiosity for brand, advertising, and start-up stories and trends, evidenced by frequent consumption and incorporation of external lessons/practices into work engagements
- Loves to tinker – with processes, products, and language – because they enjoy it and it helps produce continuous improvement
- Acknowledges tradeoffs, takes calculated risks, and owns outcomes. Celebrates action and results (including failures!) more than meetings and PowerPoints.
- Strong willingness to figure out something they don’t understand, simplify complex situations, and remove barriers by challenging assumptions and recommending alternative courses of action
- Ideally has prior global CPG experience, eCommerce experience, and/or experience working with marketing commercialization teams across countries
- Proven project leadership capability and propensity to grow within brand management roles
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, commuter benefits, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.