Associate, Learning & Development - ManufacturingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11862 Apply
Partner with the business to identify and prioritize employee knowledge, skill, or behavior gaps to drive the business strategy. Align with plant leaders and HR partners on the identified opportunities, priorities and strategy to close talent gaps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with operation’s scheduling team to optimize downtime, and schedule training both off and online that minimizes downtime for the production lines for equipment.
- Work directly with operation’s leadership to identify personnel to act as project Initial Qualifiers and or Subject Matter Experts, who can help lead training of additional production personnel.
- Partner with Safety, Health and Environment, as well as Quality to ensure that company and regulatory requirements are captured in training and standard work and guide those activities.
- Provides guidance and development of certified technical trainers.
- Align with the business to discover impactful ways for measuring training effectiveness, including auditing learning events.
- Develop learning solutions to address compliance gaps and create control plans.
- Align with site leadership to help drive completion for all required compliance or regulatory training.
- Update current training documentation so that it captures the necessary steps and information regarding the content being.
- Identify and prioritize employee technical knowledge/skill gaps and partner with site leadership to execute gap closure plan.
- Establish a clear communication and marketing strategy to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Maintain oversight of Waxdale certified technical train the trainer program.
- With guidance from the Manager, learning and development, lead the execution of Global Onboarding Implementation and local Technical Onboarding Programs and continuous improvement.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 3+ years of Experience in a learning and development role.
- Demonstrated ability to execute L&D and Problem-Solving tools and systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration capability to work within and influence plant and functional matrix organization.
- Strong Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to develop and deliver Training Courses to site.
- Solid project management skills.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Technical writing and standard work experience.
- Process Kaizen Lead or Process Kaizen Expert Certification.
- Demonstration of Lean Knowledge and Tools.
- Experience supporting or work in a manufacturing environment.
- Full time with occasional operational support outside core business hours as needed to support 24x7
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.