Associate Manager, Chemistry (Formulation Chemist)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 13155 Apply
Lead the technical development of new formulations for Global RDE in support of global brands, with primary focus on Aerosol products and technologies. Develop new products and line extensions; lead technology advancements which result in consumer-preferred benefits and/or improve the environmental impact of the products; work with multiple product types and have the ability to translate user needs into consumer-preferred solutions which is an important aspect of product development process for the global brands. Participate in, and at times lead cross-functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate new products, product changes, lead technology advancements and competitive assessments which result in new consumer benefits, reduced cost or improved product environmental impact.
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (RD&E, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner.
- Lead formula development for new product solutions from concept to formula lock against Technical Discovery objectives, leveraging end-user understanding and chemistry expertise.
- Communicate complex ideas accurately and concisely to colleagues at all levels within the company and to a variety of diverse disciplines and functions to deliver business-building solutions.
- Utilize knowledge of experimental design and statistics to efficiently select appropriate formulas for development work.
- Write and review procedures; test protocols and specifications needed to support product development activities for new formulas and products.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry.
- Five years of Research & Development (R&D) experience in consumer products industry.
- Experience must include a minimum of 3 years in global consumer products Research & Development (R&D), including:
- Experience leading & launching products globally which includes navigating through End-to-End Stage Gate process
- Experience with global regulatory processes, protocols and the multiple facets of bringing a registered product to market.
- Experience using analytical techniques, such as gas chromatography (GC) & high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) for product & spray characterization
- Experience using DOE (Design of experiment) software such as JMP or related for statistical design and analysis
- Full-time, exempt
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.